Research and Testing Buyer
£30.00 - £35.00 per hour
Share this job
My client is looking for a Research and Testing Buyer to join on them on a 6 month contract. As a Research and Testing Buyer, you will be responsible for procuring services for R&T, Innovation, Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering and Customer Services cross all Airbus divisions. PJE is managing a spent of €1.4 billion with more than 50 team members spread over different sites in Europe. PJE is a key player in DDMS (Digital Design, Manufacturing and Services) adapting sourcing transformation. This gives you an opportunity to actively support the end to end services development and select our partners.
Role: Research and Testing Buyer
Pay: £35.00 per hour via Umbrella (Inside IR35)
Location: Filton (3 days on site and 2 days WFH)
Contract: 6 months
Hours: 35 hours per week Monday – Friday (Hybrid is an option at business discretion across 4.5 days (working between 7-7 at business discretion)
Security Clearance: BPSS
Fully integrated in the Procurement organization, General Procurement’s mission is to procure goods and services on behalf of the entire Group (Airbus commercial, ADS, PAG, Airbus Helicopters, Stelia), and as such to play a major role in generating value and contributing to the overall competitiveness of the company.
We employ more than 400 professionals on around 40 sites in Europe as well as in China, India and the US. We manage a spend of approximately €10 billion generating 14,5% of Airbus revenues and work with more than 15 000 suppliers worldwide!
Your mission will be to manage procurement activities within the Research, Innovation & Test Sub-Commodity (PJER), with main focus on Research and Testing, with a trans-national and/or trans-divisional approach taking into account the European Airbus perimeter.
- Support Research and Testing Activities for Zeroe program
- Define and implement strategy agreed at MDT level
- Ensure accurate project planning, organization and controlling of procurement actions, delivering the desired outcomes in the best interest of Airbus
- Provide relevant inputs to the MFT (Multi-functional team) or MDT (Multi-divisional team) to support the strategic development
- Define and develop synergies, end to end approach where applicable for your scope
- Support transition from Research to Industrialization phase
- Manage projects and call for tenders with multi-divisional and trans-national scope for Research, Innovation and Testing scope
- Ensure continuous commercial relationship with suppliers to protect from risks
- Contribute to Supplier’s development in digitalisation, innovation
- Fulfil business needs and deliver initiatives contributing to value for Business
- Ensure efficient communication to management
- Support development of selected suppliers or Start ups
- Continues improvement of process for Innovation
- Evaluate project risks and required actions, including the need for further involvement of other procurement specialist, to secure the project objective
- Previous buying experience.
- Experience in contracting.
- Being able to negotiate contracts. Tender management.
- Experience in smaller Tenders of 25k and 100k.
- Able to multitask and work with multiple tenders.
- Working with multiple suppliers.
- Able to be reactive. New research or testing may come up and they need to react to this.
- Some project manager experience welcome.
- Securing sourcing rather than managing suppliers.
- CFT, assessment of the need.
- Preferably someone who’s works internationally.
Education & Training
Essential – Strong experience in a similar role
- Degree in Business school or Engineering or equivalent
- At least 5 years of experience in activities which have allowed you to acquire sound business or procurement knowledge
- Project management skills including experience of managing successfully stakeholders and business analytical skills (business case studies, financial KPIs)
- Knowledge of contracts and negotiation
- Excellent skills in relationship building, team building, motivating others and conflict management.
- English is mandatory. Spanish, Germany, French would be of advantage but not mandatory This position has a high visibility in Procurement and in the functions it is interfacing with.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Sarah Budd at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
Due to the number of applications, we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”