RF Test Engineer
Maintenance and Engineering
£35 - £40 per hour
Share this job
On behalf of our client, we are seeking a RF Test Engineer to join on an initial 6-month contract. As the RF Test Engineer, you will be responsible for the preparation of the test procedures and the operational support to the AIT Operations team. Your main responsibilities include the test procedure preparation in line with the test requirements prior to the delivery to the clean room, test phase planning and sequencing, test readiness preparation, evaluation for access and orientations reviews, and management of test execution in the cleanroom.
Role: RF Test Engineer
Pay: £40 per hour via Umbrella
Hours: Monday to Friday, 37 hours a week (possible out of hours cover and a call-out rota apply to this role)
Contract: 6-month contract
IR35 Status: Inside
SC Clearance: BPSS
- As part of the RF Engineering Team, will be in charge of the preparation required for the development of a test phase and also to provide support during the different test phases such as alignment, section test, TCR and end to end test campaign for the different projects.
- Test phase planning and sequencing providing input to the master schedule.
- Focal point for all procedure related activities post design / customization and through to operational support (possibly including out of hours / on-call support)
- Manage RF test campaigns in the cleanroom, coordinating between the test operations team and other project team members.
- Liaise with the Test Manager (owner of the AIT Test preparation schedule) to achieve successful project milestones reviews with associated document inputs. Support the weekly and monthly reporting to the project team and to the AIT department management team.
- Work hand-in-hand with the Payload AIT Quality organization to ensure adherence to standard processes
- Support the engineer in charge of the project customization phase and the payload test manager in the definition the test planes and interfaces. The RF Engineer will support the investigation of non-conformances, contributing to problem solving, implementation of investigations and corrective actions as detailed by the NRB.
- Take an active role in the Payload AIT Test Continuous Improvement through Lessons Learnt and Second Closure
Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of RF Test techniques or RF systems.
- Knowledge of RF Test Systems and RF instruments. (Network analysers, Spectrum Analysers, AWG; Power Meters; RF Amplifiers, Oscilloscopes; etc)
- Teamwork with good communication skills.
- MS Office (Word, Excel)
- Previous industrial experience is not mandatory.
- Telecom Payload
- Result processing
- Knowledge of Microsoft Visual Basic (Excel Macros)
- Leadership attributes
- Analysis skills and methodical approach to problem resolution and investigations
- Understanding of the functionality of communication satellites and practical knowledge of complex test campaigns.
- Availability to work abroad as well as shift, ‘on-call’ and weekend working as required
Education and Training
- An Engineering degree with a specialisation in RF / Electronics / Aerospace.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Ellie Laflain at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation is a specialist aviation and aerospace recruitment company that has been operating all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies and pride ourselves with working to the highest standard of service supported by an ingrained culture of honesty and integrity.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
B1 Licensed Engineer
Digital Learning Specialist
Program Quality Engineer
B1.1 on A320 Munich
B1 or B2 on 757, 767, A320, A330 Neo Frankfurt