£55.00 - £60.00 per hour
Share this job
My client is looking for a Safety Engineer to join them on an initial 12-month basis. The immediate role is to manage the safety aspects of a 12-month contract to integrate the FC/ASW Weapon System onto Royal Navy platforms. You will be required to liaise with key stakeholders to define the safety boundary for the development of the Safety Case, and to define the organisation, roles, and responsibilities for the safety programme
Role: Safety Engineer
Pay: £60 hour via Umbrella
Location: Stevenage – 60% work onsite
Contract: 12 Months
Hours: Monday – Friday, 37 hours per week
Security Clearance: Security Cleared
- Hazard identification exercises (SWIFT and HAZOP);
- Hazard management and risk analysis, including fault tree and event tree analyses.
- Construction of safety arguments and ALARP statements.
- Provision of support to internal and external project Safety Panels and Committees; (in conjunction with safety focal points)
- Assisting in the management and integration of these activities with system engineering and design programs to ensure the timely delivery of material supporting the safety case.
- Liaising with other functions to derive safety requirements and hazards.
- Working with systems teams to demonstrate satisfaction of safety requirements.
- Understanding of DEF-STAN 00-056, including the ability to write Safety Management Plans that meet its requirements.
- Demonstrable knowledge of, and experience in, the application of UK and International system engineering processes, particularly in safety-related systems and safety assessment processes.
- Thorough understanding and experience of how the hazard analysis process integrates with the system engineering process to influence the design.
- Ability to deliver supporting information (Safety Case Reports, Hazard Analysis, Functional Failure Analysis, FTA, etc).
- Detailed electronic engineering experience is highly desirable. Experience of other engineering disciplines (design, software, manufacture, etc.) is also desirable.
- Good verbal, written communications analytical and problem solving skills.
- Track record as an effective team player with strong interpersonal and influencing skills and the ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary / multi-national team.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Natalie Dalkin at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
Supply Chain Quality Manager
Business Method Engineer
Process Planning Engineer
Quality Conformance Engineer
Warehouse & Logistics Specialist