Maintenance and Engineering
£0.00 - £60.00 per hour
Share this job
On behalf of our client, we are seeking to recruit a Safety Engineer on an initial 12-month contract. An opportunity has arisen for an engineer to exploit their safety engineering skills to influence the safety aspects of one of our technically complex products. This role is to deliver the safety analysis that will enable one of the existing products to be integrated onto a new platform, involving working closely with internal delivery teams, as well as an external, non-UK prime contractor and a non-UK customer. You will be required to liaise with key stakeholders to help define the safety boundary, assist in the production of the associated Safety Management Plan, and to deliver the required safety analyses. The initial emphasis will be progression of the Hazard Analysis, development of a Functional Failure Analysis, and support to the development of an appropriate safety architecture.
Role: Safety Engineer
Pay: £60 per hour via Umbrella
Location: Stevenage – Hybrid working
Contract: Monday- Friday, 12 Months Contract
IR35 Status: Inside
Security Clearance: SC Clearance
- Hazard identification exercises (such as SWIFT and HAZOP);
- Hazard management and risk analysis, including fault tree and event tree analyses;
- Construction of safety arguments and their contribution to ALARP statements;
- Provision of support to internal and external project Safety Panels and Committees;
- Assisting in the management and integration of these activities with system engineering and design programs to ensure the timely delivery of material supporting the safety case;
- Liaising with other functions in order to derive safety requirements and hazards;
- Working with systems teams in order to demonstrate satisfaction of safety requirements;
- Understanding of DEF-STAN 00-056 (and, ideally, other similar international standards), including the ability to write Safety Management Plans that meet its requirements;
- IEC 61508/DO178C/DO-254 experience (desirable).
- Demonstrable knowledge of, and experience in, the application of UK and International system engineering processes, particularly in safety-related systems and safety assessment processes.
- Thorough understanding and experience of how the hazard analysis process integrates with the system engineering process to influence the design.
- Ability to deliver supporting information (Safety Case Reports, Hazard Analysis, Functional Failure Analysis, FTA, etc).
- Detailed electronic engineering experience is highly desirable (education to degree or HND level or a comparable level of experience is preferred). Experience of other engineering disciplines (design, software, manufacture, etc.) is also desirable.
- Good verbal, written communications analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Track record as an effective team player with strong interpersonal and influencing skills and the ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary / multi-national team.
- Stakeholder management.
- Customer/supplier interfacing skills.
- Planning and organisational skills.
- Electrical experience is required more than Mechanical
Apply for this role
Research and Development Engineer
Fatigue and Damage Tolerance Engineer
ESM Design Engineer
EASA B1/B2 Licensed Engineers (A320 AND B737CL/NG)
Shot Peen Technician
Design Concession Approver
System Modelling Engineer