Gatwick, West Sussex
Share this job
I am seeking a Sales Director to join my global aviation industry client, to lead their sales strategy within the General Aviation field.
Their UK office is based near Gatwick Airport, so the successful candidate will be based here when not travelling (c. 40% travelling).
We are looking for a self-motivated professional with an outstanding track record in managing Sales teams.
The role will be responsible for assisting the European General Aviation Team to meet their annual sales goals, build long term customer relationships, and understand customer trends.
The company has a number of offices around the world, who work with over 3,000 locations between them.
The company’s range of customers includes passenger and cargo airlines, foreign militaries and heads of states, corporate flight departments, aircraft manufacturers, charter operators, fixed based operators (FBO’s), and fuel resellers.
Main Sales Director Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute the company’s sales objective within the company’s General Aviation business unit
- Create and communicate sales goals and ensure company leadership are informed on progress.
- Travel with the sales team to build and maintain long-term relationships with key customers.
- Evaluate market conditions, develop account strategies and action plans to expand current accounts and penetrate new customers.
- Attend industry events and trade shows.
Ideal candidate profile:
- Degree preferred (or equivalent qualification)
- 5+ years’ experience as a sales leader, in the aviation industry.
- Ability to travel throughout Europe as required, with no restrictions, typically 40% of time.
- Proficient in Microsoft Applications (Office, Outlook, Excel). Knowledge of Salesforce is beneficial
- Demonstrates a customer service mindset with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to manage large and/or complex relationships
- Smart, proactive, self-starter with a sense of urgency and “can do” attitude
- Flight Operations knowledge beneficial
- Multilingual a plus
- Salary will be dependent on what the candidate can bring to this role
- Free onsite parking at the UK office
- Candidates must already hold the right to live and work in the UK prior to application
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please apply immediately.
Due to the number of applications we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”