Satellite AIT Electrical Systems Engineer
Maintenance and Engineering
Up to £39.55 per hour
Share this job
Our client is looking for a Satellite AIT Electrical Systems Engineer to join them on an initial 6-month contract. As the Satellite AIT Electrical Systems Engineer, you will be responsible for the preparation of test procedures and test sequences for Satellite systems and instrument testing during ambient and environmental test campaigns.
Role: Satellite AIT Electrical Systems Engineer
Hours: 37 hours per week – fully on site
Pay: £39.55 per hour via Umbrella – inside IR35
£29.89 per hour via PAYE
Security Clearance: Security Clearance will be required before starting
What You’ll be doing:
- Preparing, debugging and executing complex test sequences on flight spacecraft
- Writing test reports and supporting test and non-conformance reviews.
- Designing and performing electrical and functional tests on a variety of subsystems (power, comms, data handling, AOCS, system control and FDIR) on test benches and spacecraft.
- Writing and executing electrical integration procedures to electrically verify and connect the equipment during the build of the spacecraft.
- Interpretation of electrical, functional and system test requirements from test specifications
- Provide test solutions to meet the test specification requirements, from planning and kick-off meeting, through test sequence coding, procedure preparation and debug to execution.
- Close out tests with Post Test Review and Test Report
- To provide technical inputs to project test reviews (Test Readiness Reviews, Post Test Reviews, Test Review Boards and Non-Conformance Review Boards)
- Development and debug of Automatic Test procedures (ATP)
- Preparing and executing spacecraft system investigations in line with actions from Non-Conformance Review Boards (NRBs).
- Support Spacecraft systems functional and performance tests during environmental test (Reference test, TVAC, Magnetic, EMC, functional and performance tests).
- Work to company and departmental procedures including quality and security.
- Use Digital Design and Manufacturing Systems (DDMS) to prepare and execute work instructions to support the testing
- Minimum of a degree in an Electrical Engineering related discipline or relevant experience in a similar role >5 years
- Current hands-on experience of writing test sequences/scripts for execution of spacecraft tests from the Central Checkout System (CCS).
- Test sequence writing and debugging in a bespoke language (C and Java knowledge would be an advantage)
- Competent in the use of various test equipment used for electrical measurements, e.g. DMM, oscilloscope, current probes, Data acquisition unit, data bus monitors (1553 MilBus probes/analysers) would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of the operation of a variety of spacecraft subsystems and overall system (power, comms, data handling, AOCS, system control and FDIR)
- Knowledge and experience of spacecraft systems and subsystem testing is essential, e.g. Data Handling, Packet Utilisation Standard, Data Bus Communications – 1553, SpaceWire, CAN bus, Power systems, FDIR.
- Working knowledge of Satellite TMTC Databases.
- Familiar with the Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Awareness of ‘cleanroom’ disciplines.
- Willing to support shifts and travel on test campaigns essential.
- Programming and scripting languages, particularly writing, and debugging Linux/Unix bash scripts is an advantage.
- Knowledge of a programming language such as C, Java, python, TCL, VBA would be useful but not essential.
- Spacecraft electrical and harness knowledge would be an advantage but not essential
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please apply immediately!
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
Aerospace Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Quality Assurance Specialist (9100)
Development & Production Test Engineer
Mechanical Systems Engineer
Senior Building Control Inspector
Senior Aircraft Engineer
B1 Licensed Engineer