Satellite AIT Engineer
Maintenance and Engineering
Up to £39.55 per hour
Share this job
Our client has an opportunity for a Satellite AIT EGSE Engineer to join them on an initial 6-month contract. As the Satellite Engineer, you will be supporting the electrical test racks used during spacecraft build and test.
The job includes validation and routine maintenance as well as configuring, maintaining, and administering the computers on the EGSE network.
Role: Satellite AIT EGSE Engineer
Hours: 37 hours per week – fully on site
Pay: £39.55 per hour via Umbrella – inside IR35
£29.89 per hour via PAYE
Security Clearance: Security Clearance will be required before starting
What You’ll be doing:
- Maintenance and fault finding of electronic/RF test racks.
- Computer system and networks administration.
- Programming and scripting languages.
- Environmental and launch test campaign.
- Preparing test specifications for test racks, reviewing data packs from suppliers, and supporting reviews of test equipment design and non-conformances.
- Minimum of a degree in an Electrical Engineering related discipline or relevant experience in a similar role >5 years
- Good theoretical and practical knowledge of electronic and RF test racks
- Fault finding skills down to board and component level.
- Network and computer administration in Windows and Linux environments
- Good documentation skills (procedures, reports etc.)
- Knowledge of interfaces such as Mil-1553, SpaceWire, CAN bus, RS232/422 etc.
- ATE environments such as PCI, VXI, PXI etc.
- Competent in the use of a variety of general-purpose lab test equipment
- Knowledge of test systems.
- Design, manufacture, and commissioning of test systems.
- Willing to support shifts and travel overseas on test campaigns as required.
- Experience of electrical integration of equipment on a spacecraft.
- Working knowledge of TMTC Databases.
- Writing test sequences/scripts for execution of spacecraft systems tests including FDIR from the Central Checkout System (CCS).
- Experience of environmental and launch test campaigns.
- Familiar with the Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Programming and scripting languages, in particularly writing and debugging Linux/Unix bash scripts is an advantage. Knowledge of a programming language such as C, Java, python, TCL, VBA
The successful candidate will be required to apply for and receive a basic disclosure certificate and SC prior to commencement of the contract.
Applications are via – https://www.gov.uk/request-copy-criminal-record – at a fee of £23 which will need to be paid by card in full at the end of the application process.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please apply immediately!
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
Aerospace Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Quality Assurance Specialist (9100)
Development & Production Test Engineer
Mechanical Systems Engineer
Senior Building Control Inspector
Senior Aircraft Engineer
B1 Licensed Engineer