Satellite Digital Electronics Lead Hardware Engineer
£75.00 - £79.73 per hour
Share this job
My client is looking for a Satellite Digital Electronics Lead Hardware Engineer to join on them on a 12 month contract. As a Satellite Digital Electronics Lead Hardware Engineer, the role is the technical design authority for all areas of a Digital PCB based hardware design. This equipment includes digital processor and cryptographic equipment destined for Telecom and military payloads on various satellite platforms.
This role will be known internally as a “Hardware Responsible Engineer” for flight equipment. The role entails hardware aspects of requirements management, design and interface specification, test specification, reports and design analyses.
Able to interpret circuit board designs accommodating multiple FPGA / ASICs and high speed ADCs / DACs.
Interface with experts in other departments (e.g. Mechanical, PCB layout).
Generate, oversee and configure technical documentation.
Note – this is not an RF design position
Role: Satellite Digital Electronics Lead Hardware Engineer
Pay: £79.73 per hour via Umbrella (Inside IR35)
Contract: 12 months
Hours: 37 hours per week Monday – Friday (Hybrid working of 3 days on site and 2 wfh)
Security Clearance: Current SC Clearance
- Typical tasks, activities, responsibilities –
- Coordination of technical elements for a Digital PCB based equipment, working with and overseeing the work of design engineers in the same functional team
- Review circuit diagrams, iterating design where necessary due to circuit analysis outputs and PCB layout constraints
- Consider switching speeds, rise and fall times, feedback and interference, impedance of devices, signal transmission
- Review detailed design analysis e.g. WCA, PSA, FMEA
- Interface with internal support functions e.g. Thermal and Mechanical design, EMC, parts procurement
- Lead engineering investigations, troubleshooting and problem resolution activity
- High speed Digital electronic circuit board specification, schematic capture, component selection, board bring up and related analyses.
- Lifecycle experience of a Digital equipment – design / manufacture / test.
- Mentor DxDesigner.
- Requirements management (DOORS).
- Sector experience of aerospace, automotive or military production over five years.
- Standards/accreditations/methodologies – ESA/ECSS and MIL Standards.
- Digital interface experience, Spacewire, SerDes, CAN, 1553, etc.
Education & Training
Essential – Strong experience in a similar role
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Sarah Budd at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
Due to the number of applications, we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”