Senior Configuration Engineer
£40.00 - £42.00 per hour
Share this job
On behalf of our client, we are seeking to recruit several Senior Configuration Engineer
to join my client on an initial 6-month contract. As the Senior Configuration Engineer, you will as technical support to deliver Configuration Management principals across our product portfolio. Aiding directly to project and functional stakeholders in order to uphold Configuration Management discipline in accordance with contractual Defence Standards approved plans.
Role: Senior Configuration Engineer
Pay: £42 per hour via Umbrella
Contract: Monday- Friday, 37 Hours per week, 6 Months Contract
IR35 Status: Inside
Security Clearance: Security Clearance required
- Application of Configuration Management principals; Planning, Identification, Change Management, Status Accounting and Audit, for one or more business programmes.
- Preparing and maintaining Configuration Management documentation to provide governance and control of project activities across the entire product lifecycle.
- Review and implementation of engineering design changes, collaborating across a multi-stakeholder environment.
- Management and application of technical signatories against product design data.
- Interpretation of technical data and Bills of Materials for large and complex product assemblies and accurate reflection of design intent within the product definition.
- Preparation and presentation of changes within change control meetings.
- Direct support to Configuration Management Committee meetings (CMC, LTC, CCB), Modification meetings and other ad hoc meetings.
- Schedule diary, manage meetings, generate agendas, take and publish minutes.
- Support of technical audits on our suppliers, ensuring Configuration Management processes are observed throughout the supply chain. Schedule audits, generate agendas and chase non-conformities and maintenance of audit database.
- A background in Configuration Control or Technical Data Management within a Defence or Aerospace industry or similar.
- Ideally suited to someone who has proven experience of working in a similar role within the defence sector: Candidates from other industries such as Automotive, Aerospace, Pharmaceutical, etc. with suitable experience including Bill of Material Engineers, Material Requirements Planning Analysts, Engineering Change Engineers, Technical Data Managers, etc., will also be considered.
- Experience with MS Office and data systems (Windchill an advantage)
- Good interpersonal and organisational skills with good attention to detail
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Natalie Dalkin at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at any time! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
ERP Implementation Manager
Performance & Improvement Project Manager
Quality and Technical Administrator
Early Careers Manager
VIP Private Jet Charter Broker
Fixed Asset Accountant