Senior Configuration Engineer
Maintenance and Engineering
Up to £38.18 per hour
Share this job
An opportunity has arisen with my client for a Senior Configuration Engineer to join them on a 6-month contract. The Senior Configuration Engineers role will be to act as technical support to deliver Configuration Management principals across our clients product portfolio. Providing assistance directly to project and functional stakeholders in order to uphold Configuration Management discipline in accordance with contractual Defence Standards approved plans. The Configuration Management group sit within the Mechanical Engineering function but operate closely with our business partners, from design to manufacturing and customer support.
Role: Senior Configuration Engineer
Pay: Up to £38.18 per hour via Umbrella Company
Contract: 6 Months – Likely to be extended
Hours: Monday – Friday, 37 hours per week.
Security Clearance: Security Clearance Required before starting
Working in collaboration with the programme Configuration Manager to maintain and deliver Configuration Management documentation, review and implementation of engineering changes and manage the identification and record of our product design definitions within our clients PLM toolsets.
- Application of Configuration Management principals; Planning, Identification, Change Management, Status Accounting and Audit, for one or more business programmes.
- Preparing and maintaining Configuration Management documentation to provide governance and control of project activities across the entire product lifecycle.
- Review and implementation of engineering design changes, collaborating across a multi-stakeholder environment.
- Management and application of technical signatories against product design data.
- Interpretation of technical data and Bills of Materials for large and complex product assemblies and accurate reflection of design intent within the product definition.
- Preparation and presentation of changes within change control meetings.
- Direct support to Configuration Management Committee meetings (CMC, LTC, CCB), Modification meetings and other ad hoc meetings.
- Schedule diary, manage meetings, generate agendas, take and publish minutes.
- Support of technical audits on our suppliers, ensuring Configuration Management processes are observed throughout the supply chain. Schedule audits, generate agendas and chase non-conformities and maintenance of audit database.
- A background in Configuration Control or Technical Data Management within a Defence or Aerospace industry or similar.
- Ideally suited to someone who has proven experience of working in a similar role within the defence sector: Candidates from other industries such as Automotive, Aerospace, Pharmaceutical, etc. with suitable experience including Bill of Material Engineers, Material Requirements Planning Analysts, Engineering Change Engineers, Technical Data Managers, etc., will also be considered.
- Experience with MS Office and data systems (Windchill an advantage)
- Good interpersonal and organisational skills with good attention to detail
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Melanie Cave at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!
Apply for this role
Aeronautical Manuals Writer
B1.3 ON AW169
B1.3 ON AW139
Aerospace Components Build Technician
B1 Licensed Engineer
Assembly and Test Mechanic