Senior Design Engineer
£44.00 - £50.00 per hour
Share this job
As a Senior Design Engineer, you will be responsible for the leadership and people development which is a key requirement to the role. You will support the functional development of the design engineers within the team and ensure development opportunities are progressed.
Role: Senior Design Engineer
Pay: £44-50 per hour via Umbrella (Inside IR35)
Contract: 12 months
Hours: 35 hours per week Monday – Friday (Hybrid is possible)
Security Clearance: BPSS
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Design Engineer to join the 1AWDA Wing Engineering team at Filton. We are a highly motivated team of Engineers focused on constantly challenging the current design and conventional thinking in order to maximise profitability whilst ensuring the quality is not degraded.
Technical experts and program managers who are all passionate about finding technical solutions to support the structures department.
* This role potentially has a significant element of sub-contract work with Offload suppliers (E2S & NEEC) resulting in a need for good influencing skills and all design work is of appropriate technical content and quality.
* Ensure the structural design meets programme airworthiness and product requirements and in line with cascaded Design Quality Assurance Criteria.
* Define, deliver and enable technical studies, trades and investigations to ensure the delivery of technical solutions in accordance with relevant Design methods and procedures.
* Support identification, management and delivery of change through Mod opening, DFM release and Stage 3 Closure of Mods on time, to cost and quality.
* You will support relevant cross functional working and integration to achieve a right firsttime delivery achieving all the planned and agreed milestones. All risks for which they are responsible are managed and mitigated or escalated where required.
* You will Provide design leadership of Internal and External designers within the team and ownership of Lean Engineering improvements, in particular ‘Right First Time,’ and Lead Time Reduction. This will be key to demonstrating design requirements within the program constraints.
* You will sponsor development of new technologies and apply new technologies and processes and ensure best practice and lessons learnt from other products / sections are captured and deployed.
* You will ensure effective organization and governance of design & maturity reviews in line with Airbus polices, processes and practices.
* You will manage all key stakeholders and as necessary produce reports and presentations
* You have the ability to interpret and set strategy, vision and navigate the Engineering community and the cross-programme business environment. You can translate, simplify and pass strategy to the wider design team.
* Commitment to create #weareone culture and ensuring duty of care and wellbeing are embraced.
* You have the ability to listen, understand and communicate information.
* You have proven track record of: – Leading a Design or project team – Leading complex or multi value projects – Achieving delivery to Time, Cost and Quality – Finding creative solutions to complex problems – Risk management and taking calculated risks
? You foster Innovation and free thinking. You have a creative and strategic mind set.
? You have a strong interest in developing your own leadership capabilities and developing the team to match the needs of a changing Airbus world.
? You are able to make or influence decisions in a complex network of stakeholders and customers enabling right first-time delivery, achieving all the planned and agreed milestones.
? You are decisive, making courageous decisions based on calculated risks, execute task ownership and take accountability for task implementation.
? You desire to work in an open and trusting environment.
? You will integrate with and influence technical experts and specialists to achieve optimum technical and business solutions.
? You will have a strong track record of maturing new technologies, Implementing Design to cost projects, and initiating strategic technology projects.
? Knowledge and experience of design toolsets i.e., CATIA V5, ICC, Zamiz, ECM, Optegra & PASS.
? Proficient in developing IT solutions associated with engineering activities i.e., Python, Macros, MATLAB etc.)
?Candidate must have excellent knowledge of CATIA V5 – minimum 5000 hours
?Candidate needs to have structures design experience
? Design Authorisation Signatory is preferred, Candidate needs to have current signatory status or held it in the past and be close to gaining this
? Ideally candidate will have Airbus experience although aerospace experience may be considered
Education & Training
Essential – Strong experience in a similar role
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Sarah Budd at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
Due to the number of applications, we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”