Maintenance and Engineering
£22 - £27 per hour
Share this job
On behalf of our client, we are seeking a Senior Machinist to join on an initial 12-month contract. As the Senior Machinist, you will be providing machining expertise across all internal manufacturing departments to assist in the design/engineering process.
Role: Senior Machinist
Pay: £27 per hour via Umbrella
Hours: Monday to Friday, 37 hours per week
Contract: 12-month contract
IR35 Status: Inside
SC Clearance: BPSS
- To work from drawing/design/engineer instructions and drawings to produce the required article. To complete and record information within the required paperwork.
- To work in accordance with LDS (local document system) describing methods and procedures. Promote machine shop regulations, local area Health and Safety requirements and 5S policy within local work areas
- To regularly demonstrate skills, or specialist knowledge/experience thus mentor colleagues in this area to ensure the high quality of finished goods.
- To deputise for the Lead Technician and/or coordinate workload with the other machinists.
- To demonstrate the desire, commitment and team working ethic to complete tasks in the correct quality and lead time.
- To provide information, opinion, suggestions, and knowledge of machining internally and externally to operations as required.
- To work directly with engineers, designers and customers as need dictates.
- Liaise with the other machinist(s) and production support to address manufacturing anomalies and be proactive in 5s disciplines and continuous improvement activities.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience of assembly, manufacturing, or production environment.
- Experience of working within a machine shop environment and of being part of a team.
- PC literate, emails, web etc.
- Skilled use of the following machinery/tools is ideal –
- Lathe – Horizontal & vertical
- CNC Lathe
- CNC Mill
- Spark Eroder
- Bar Saw
- Band Saw
- Pillar Drill
- Surface Grinder
- Cylindrical Grinder
- Off-hand Grinder
- Various measuring devices
- Experience of the following machine controls is ideal –
- Experience of the Aerospace Industry
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Ellie Laflain at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation is a specialist aviation and aerospace recruitment company that has been operating all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies and pride ourselves with working to the highest standard of service supported by an ingrained culture of honesty and integrity.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
179276 – Assembly and Test Mechanic
Trainee Production Coordinator
Software V&V Engineer
Paint Strip Mechanic
Experienced Aero Engine Mechanics
Part 145 Quality Engineer
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Chief Mechanical Engineer