Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
£50000 - £55000.00 per annum
Share this job
On behalf of our client, we are looking for a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to join them on a permanent basis. As the Senior Mechanical Design Engineer, you will serve a key role within the team and be involved throughout the entire project lifecycle, from initial proposal and costing, through concept, design and delivery. As the Senior Mechanical Design Engineer, you will be responsible for the delivery of high quality, accurate design data delivered on time and to budget.
Role: Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Pay: £55,000 pa
Contract: Monday to Friday, Permanent
SC Clearance: SC Clearable
- Supervision of the mechanical design engineering team in the production of part, assembly and installation drawings, in compliance with the Design Office Handbook (DOH) and relevant Certification Basis e.g. CS-27, CS-29 etc.
- Where approved by the Chief of the Office of Airworthiness, be accountable for the checking and compliance verification of design data produced within the Design Organisation.
- Liaison with other Senior Engineering functions and external sub-contractors relating to mechanical/structural design aspects of the delivery.
- Focal point for the production and installation engineers in matters relating to mechanical/structural design.
- Creation of and contribution to customer facing design reviews throughout the design life cycle.
- Management and execution of detailed aircraft surveys during quotation and delivery stages.
- As a key member of a small and dynamic team, the applicant must have the ability to support wider business activities, such as certification and production planning where required.
- Ensure Company health, safety and environmental procedures are always implemented and complied with.
Essential Skills and Education
- Experience in a Leading System Engineering Role or a desire to develop from HNC / HND / Degree in a relevant engineering subject
- Knowledge of, and the ability to select, appropriate mechanical/structural techniques and solutions for aerospace applications e.g. material selection, corrosion protection, fuselage hardpoint interfaces, cabin structures.
- Previous experience working within an Aerospace Design Office (PART 21J) as a mechanical or structures CVE.
- Knowledge of current and future aerospace structural manufacturing processes.
- Ability to work to a high and consistent level of accuracy.
- Proven record of creating conceptual structures / mechanical designs.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook etc).
- History of supervising the delivery of complex projects, including management of resource and budget
- Experience of the full design life cycle from conception to delivery of design packages.
- Understanding of ergonomics and associated design principles.
- Proficient user of Solid Works CAD (training can be provided).
- Knowledge of CAA / EASA Part 21 Subpart J (DOA) & G (POA) requirements.
- Highly collaborative and able to work and communicate successfully as part of a team.
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrates strong knowledge of engineering principles.
- Previous experience as a drawing checker and CVE is beneficial.
- Experience of a 3D CAD system (SolidWorks is desired)
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Natalie Dalkin at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation is a specialist aviation and aerospace recruitment company that has been operating all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies and pride ourselves with working to the highest standard of service supported by an ingrained culture of honesty and integrity.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
Airside Operations Technical and Regulations Manager
Airside Safety and Assurance Manager
NH90 B1.3/B2 ground instructor
AW Simulator Instructor
Technical Production Planner
Systems Design Engineer
Principal Product Assurance Engineer Manufacturing
Quality Inspector (Aviation Workshop)