Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Maintenance and Engineering
Share this job
Our client has an opportunity for a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to join them on a permanent basis. You will serve a key role within the team and will be involved throughout the entire project lifecycle; from initial proposal and costing, through to concept design and delivery.
Role: Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Hours: Full time. Some Flexibility of working hours is available on agreement, however the role is predominantly based on site, due to the nature of work carried out.
Salary: Discuss Upon Application
What you’ll be doing:
- Delivery of high quality, accurate design data delivered on time and to budget.
- Supervision of the mechanical design engineering team in the production of part, assembly and installation drawings, in compliance with the Design Office Handbook (DOH) and relevant Certification Basis e.g. CS-27, CS-29 etc.
- Where approved by the Chief of the Office of Airworthiness, be accountable for the checking and compliance verification of design data produced within the Design Organisation.
- Liaison with other Senior Engineering functions and external sub-contractors relating to mechanical/structural design aspects of the delivery.
- Focal point for the production and installation engineers in matters relating to mechanical/structural design.
- Creation of and contribution to customer facing design reviews throughout the design life-cycle.
- Management and execution of detailed aircraft surveys during quotation and delivery stages.
- Supporting the wider business activities, such as certification and production planning where required.
- Ensure Company health, safety and environmental procedures are implemented and complied with at all times.
- HNC / HND / Degree in a relevant engineering subject (Essential)
- Knowledge of, and the ability to select, appropriate mechanical/structural techniques and solutions for aerospace applications e.g. material selection, corrosion protection, fuselage hardpoint interfaces, cabin structures. (Essential)
- Knowledge of current and future aerospace structural manufacturing processes. (Essential)
- Ability to work to a high and consistent level of accuracy. (Essential)
- Proven record of creating conceptual structures / mechanical designs. (Essential)
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook etc). (Essential)
- Previous experience working within an Aerospace Design Office (PART 21J) as a mechanical or structures CVE. (Desirable)
- History of supervising the delivery of complex projects, including management of resource and budget (Desirable)
- Right to live and work in the UK
- Experience of the full design life-cycle from conception to delivery of design packages. (Desirable)
- Understanding of ergonomics and associated design principles. (Desirable)
- Proficient user of Solid Works CAD (training can be provided). (Desirable)
- Knowledge of CAA / EASA Part 21 Subpart J (DOA) & G (POA) requirements. (Desirable)
- Highly collaborative and able to work and communicate successfully as part of a team
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrates strong knowledge of engineering principles
- Previous experience as a drawing checker and CVE is beneficial
- Experience of a 3D CAD system (SolidWorks is desired)
All applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK and be subject to satisfactory security clearance which includes 3 years reference checks. Verification of any qualifications/passport/licences must be shown at interview stage.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please apply immediately!
Due to the number of applications we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Line Up Aviation is a specialist aviation and aerospace recruitment company that has been operating all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies and pride ourselves with working to the highest standard of service supported by an ingrained culture of honesty and integrity.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
179276 – Assembly and Test Mechanic
Trainee Production Coordinator
Software V&V Engineer
Paint Strip Mechanic
Experienced Aero Engine Mechanics
Part 145 Quality Engineer
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Chief Mechanical Engineer