Senior Network Design Engineer
£500 - £550 per day
Share this job
On behalf of our client, we are seeking to recruit a Senior Network Design Engineer
on an initial 6-month contract. The Senior Network Design Engineer you will provide architecture and design skills into project team proposing and delivering solutions based primarily on COTS applications, in-Service based solutions.
Role: Senior Network Design Engineer
Pay: £550 per day via Umbrella
Contract: Monday- Friday, 37 Hours per week, 6 Months Contract
IR35 Status: Inside
Security Clearance: Current Security Clearance
- As a Senior SME for Secure Network & Communications, within that scope:
- Devise, create and fully describe the logical and capability based system network architectural solution
- Identify the relevant COTS components to achieve these architectural solutions
- The roles demand high proficiency in Networking and Firewalls
- Cisco & Juniper-based products
- Palo Alto firewalls
- Contribute to bid and delivery projects through assessment, design and implementation planning, whist establishing the requirements on the underlying platforms and security requirements.
- Design of technical solutions
- Work with the assigned Solution Architect to within your SME Scope:
- Preparation of impact analyses of change
- Support the definition of technology requirements and the selection of security and network technologies in support of the target designs.
- Contribute to planning, description and execution of the configuration, implementation and integration.
- Produce client deliverables such as assessment reports, requirement documents, technical designs, operational procedures, user guides
- Workings with a Security Architect/Accreditor to identify suitable solutions and technologies to mitigate the security risks.
- Contribute to the identification of technical and programmatic risks including effective mitigation strategies
- Ensure system integrity is maintained and that all applicable standards are maintained
- Working with third party suppliers providing COTS and bespoke system components
- Manage Maintenance Releases through managed change
- Augment the delivery Lead Engineer to manage client relationships in delivery phase
Be responsible for ensuring that their input and that of any other team members assigned is of the required standard, detail and timeliness.
- Exposure of working with a high availability & highly secure systems; Skillful in identifying design risks.
- Proven experience of working with at least 1 of the following sectors Defence or UK Central Government
- Proven experience of designing multi-vendor complex secure communications and information exchange network interfaces to government grade.
- Proven experience of working with product vendors to optimize a solution
- Working knowledge of JSP’s, NATO STANAGs
- Have worked and led small Technical Teams in both a development and delivery role.
- Knowledge of Enterprise Grade Certificate Services & PKI – either delivery or utilisation.
- Have completed a recognised Engineering Apprentice with HNC-D or Engineering Qualification to Degree level – essential
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Natalie Dalkin at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”