Senior System Architect – NavAids System
Maintenance and Engineering
Share this job
My client is a global high technology leader investing in digital innovations, connectivity, big data, artificial intelligence, cybersecurity and quantum technology.
The company provides solutions, services and products that help its customer’s businesses, organizations and states in the defence, aeronautics, space, transportation and digital identity and security markets to fulfill their critical missions, by placing humans at the heart of the decision-making process.
He is looking for: a Project Design Authority for the NavAids systems (VOR and DME)
Role: Project Design Authority – NavAids System
Pay: To be defined on the basis of experience
Location: Milan – Italy
The Project Design Authority (PDA) is responsible for Solution Compliance for a Bid or Project or for a Product Development phase (as a project). Your primary objective is to define the Solution to achieve full compliance within the budget and schedule constraints of the project proposing the best trade-off to the product line policy.
The PDA may be engaged in either or both Bidding and Development phases of the Project.
- The primary technical leader of the bid or project team
- To act as lead technical interface with the Customer (or PLM for a Product) in regards to Solution architecture, design and performance
- Anticipates and/or analyzes the customer needs/requirements and defines the initial needs baseline
- Ensures the solution follows Product Policy, MTB/production/services strategies, contractual requirements (including offsets) and applicable legislation & regulations (i.e. export restrictions, Environmental/HSE, safety, security)
- Defines the best trade-off between the solution and customer requirements that may vary during the project execution, to stay consistent with the budget; risk and opportunities; schedule and critical performance
- Checks that the Engineering Environment (process, practices and tools) for the Solution is consistent with Country/Company requirements, and overall Solution cost, technical risks & schedule
- Reviews together with the SEM all technical risks and opportunities and the related mitigation plans throughout the bid or project
- Prepares and signs the Design Validation (DVa) document at each relevant validation step of the Bid and/or the Project, and ensures that the DVa is approved and signed by the Design Authority
- Approves the main bid/project engineering reviews and deliverables (SOR, SRR, SFR, PDR, CDR, TRR, TQR, FQR)
- Approves the technical specification and source selection of subsystems/products to be outsourced considering Make Team Buy policy, export restrictions and offset requirements
- Approves the Design & Justification File (D&JF) prepared by the Solution Engineering Manager (product or project)
- Reviews and approves the completion of the integration, verification, validation and qualification results
- Oversees the acceptance of the Solution by the customer
- Organizes when appropriate technical meetings and peer reviews together with the SEM and other stakeholders (industry, services, Safety & HSE, specialties), in order to perform the solution technical assessment and validation
- Checks the production, the deployment and the maintenance/service aspects of the Solution with the Production Process & Technology Manager, the Installation & Commissioning Manager and the Service Engineering Manager respectively – resulting conclusions are considered by the PDA for the Solution design validation and reflected in the DVa
- Considers the remarks from the Design Authority in regards to the validity of the Solution and the risk assessment and mitigation
- Reports regularly to the Design Authority on the technical status and on technical risks
- Experience shall include knowledge of NavAids systems (mainly VOR and DME) and/or Air Traffic Management and/or RADAR
- Experience in simulations tools to validate Signal in Space performances
- Proficient in the use of Requirement Management tools (e.g. DOORS), configuration management tools, technical documentation tools, and problem reporting tools (JIRA)
- Proven ability to work in a multinational and multicultural team with varied degrees of experience.
- Ability to develop innovative and low risk practical technical strategies to manage a complex project across the full project lifecycle.
- Technical leadership – with a proven ability to build and sustain good working relationships with staff, peers and managers, customers and other stakeholders
- Strong problem solving, debug and failure analysis skills with a solid understanding of core engineering principles.
- Strong communication skills required, including the ability to clearly express technical concepts in verbal and written forms across different management levels.
- Ability to work in team. Taste for international contacts. Manifest the flexibility needed to be integrated in the different stages of a project.
- Technical leadership – with a proven ability to build and sustain good working relationships with staff, peers and managers, customers and other stakeholders.
- Experience of working within a safety environment in a aeronautic/transportation or similar industry
- Master’s degree in field with 8+ years’ experience
- Proven track record engaging and influencing strong stakeholders
- Interpersonal skills – the ability to communicate effectively with peers and act proactively within a team environment –
- English and Italian fluent is a must
- Ability to speak additional languages as German or French is a benefit
- The role will require travel for less than 10% of the time
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Alessandro Mereghetti at Line Up Aviation
Due to the number of applications we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
Helicopter Mechanic assembly line
Simulation & Modelling Engineer
Chief Engineer – Powerplant
Licensed Aircraft Engineer
EASA B2 on AW139 or AW109
Helicopter Standards and Training Engineer