Shot Peen Technician
West London, London
Maintenance and Engineering
£28200 - £38400 per annum
Share this job
I am seeking an Aerospace Shot Peen Technician to join my renowned aviation industry client based in West London on a permanent basis.
Previous experience of working in Shot peening and Grit Blasting in an Engineering environment is essential.
Role: Aerospace Shot Peen Technician
Location: West London
Shift: Mon-Fri. One week of early & one week of late shifts. Overtime at weekends.
Salary: £28,00 – £35,000 depending on experience
- To understand technical drawings and have a good knowledge of the different methods and intensities of shot peen.
- Be able to work to and within an EASA 145 standard.
- To inspect and stamp work carried out and to highlight any quality problems encountered.
- Have knowledge of safety standards in a shot peen and grit blast environment.
- Must be able to work alone within a confined area (not claustrophobic).
- Responsible for actions related to the COMAH emergency plan.
- To maintain a clean area of work i.e. the cleaning of filter system and grit blast and shop peen booths.
- To keep production flow to an optimum supplying the plating shop with parts and prioritising the incoming parts from N.D.T.
Ideal candidate profile:
- Previous experience of working in Shot peening and Grit Blasting in an Engineering environment.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines whilst adhering to safe, methodical working practices.
- An understanding of manual handling and the ability to use hand tools and power tools.
- Physical fitness to work with heavy components, and overhead cranes.
- Confident to use ovens and complex machinery.
- Good knowledge of Health & Safety requirements in a workshop.
- A strong team player with excellent English communication skills, both written and oral.
- Candidates must already hold the right to live and work in the UK at the time of application. No sponsorships are provided.
- Free onsite parking
- Attractive benefits package including discounted flights and employee healthcare plan.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please apply immediately.
Due to the number of applications we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at any time! Thank you for your follow!”
Line Up Aviation is a recruitment agency.
Apply for this role
Research and Development Engineer
Fatigue and Damage Tolerance Engineer
ESM Design Engineer
EASA B1/B2 Licensed Engineers (A320 AND B737CL/NG)
Shot Peen Technician
Design Concession Approver
System Modelling Engineer