Skilled Electrical Wireman
Bolton, Greater Manchester
Maintenance and Engineering
£20.49 - £23.49 per hour
Share this job
On behalf of our client, we are seeking a Skilled Electrical Wireman to join on an initial 6-month contract. As the Skilled Electrical Wireman, you will be responsible for the carrying out of manufacturing and self-certification tasks within the deployed business, in accordance with product certification procedures, defined workmanship standards, allocated budgets and timescales to meet project objectives.
Role: Skilled Electrical Wireman C&M
Pay: £23.49 per hour via Umbrella
Hours: Monday to Friday, 37 hours a week
Contract: 6-month contract – may extend to 12 months
IR35 Status: Inside
SC Clearance: Valid SC
- Demonstrated ability / willingness to certify own work in line with company quality standards.
- Maintain product certification and approval via regular audits.
- Possess a versatile skill base with the capability to apply these skills across a range of tasks.
- Be fully conversant with all equipment, tools and measuring instruments associated with the role requirements.
- Cable rework and surface mount rework.
- Check and complete all paperwork associated with the manufacturing data pack.
- Maintain to the highest level, workmanship standards and product quality.
- Ensure compliance with all associated procedures applicable to the manufacturing process.
- Maintain a safe working environment.
- Maintain a good housekeeping policy.
- Willing to contribute to an environment of process improvement.
- Looming, crimping, braiding, soldering, wire cutting/preparation experience.
- Carry out detailed assembly, undertaking all work to safety requirements and agreed timescales.
- Formal technical engineering/ craft apprenticeship to NVQ Level 3/TR23/TR21.
- Formal further education certificate to ONC or equivalent.
- City & Guilds in Electrical Studies Parts 2 & 3 desirable.
- IPC 620 & Dynamic Cabling certified/ trained preferred.
- Possess experience in electrical wiring and assembly.
- Previous experience in the aerospace or defence industry would be desirable.
- Manual handling training.
- Lifting and slinging (including overhead cranes) training.
- ESD training.
- No colour blindness
- Health surveillance requirements
- Colophony health surveillance
- Formal technical Engineering/Craft Apprenticeship to NVQ Level 3/TR23/TR21, ONC Electronic/Electrical Engineering Relevant experience in a calibration & maintenance environment.
- Calibration experience
- Experience using calibration test tools
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Ellie Laflain at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation is a specialist aviation and aerospace recruitment company that has been operating all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies and pride ourselves with working to the highest standard of service supported by an ingrained culture of honesty and integrity.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
Senior Maintenance & MCC Representatives
Quality Assurance Specialist (9100)
Mechanical Design Engineer
Materials and Process Laboratory Technician
Manufacturing Controller – Bolton
Skilled Electrical Wireman
A320 Structural Mechanic