£35 - £38 per hour
Share this job
On behalf of our client, we are seeking a SMT Technician to join on an initial 12-month contract. As the SMT Technician, you will be responsible for the completion of assembly work and the recording in relevant documentation in line with internal processes, and company lean and quality standards.
Role: SMT Technician
Pay: £38 per hour via Umbrella
Hours: Monday to Friday – fortnightly rotating double day shifts (06.00 to 14.00 and 14.00 to 22.00). Expectation of working extra hours mid-week and weekend.
Contract: 12 months
Location: Portsmouth – fully onsite
IR35 Status: Inside
SC Clearance: BPSS to start then SC
- Performing all assembly operations and activities relating to the surface mount technology line – including programming, set-up, maintenance, running the line, first off inspection, and manual soldering operations in line with ECSS specifications.
- Maintaining 5S principles and carry out daily audits to keep integration areas (tools, toolboxes, workstations, etc.) clean and organised. Respect and maintain tool control system.
- Mechanical sub assembly and installation of all structural components following installation drawing and procedures.
Skills and Experience
- Accreditation in soldering operations in conformance with:
- Proven experience in an assembly, manufacturing, or production environment.
- Previous experience of working with and an understanding of technical documents; drawings, procedures, and technical notes.
- Experience of working in a clean room.
- Awareness of workplace health and safety practices.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proficient in the use of ASM (DEK) stencil printer, Mycronic P&P, BTU reflow oven & X-Ray machine.
- Knowledge of SAP Manufacturing Execution Systems
- Experience with vapour phase
- HNC in engineering discipline or equivalent
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Ellie Laflain at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation is a specialist aviation and aerospace recruitment company that has been operating all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies and pride ourselves with working to the highest standard of service supported by an ingrained culture of honesty and integrity.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”