Software Development Lead
£65.00 - £69.50 per hour
Share this job
My client is looking for a Software Development Lead to join on them on a 6 month contract. As a Software Development Lead, you will be responsible for leading a small team tasked with the maintenance and continuing development of Zephyr Software.
Zephyr is an ultra-light weight, solar electric aircraft which is able to fly persistently, day and night in the stratosphere, for months at a time. The current single tail variant (Zephyr S) completed its successful maiden flight during Engineering Flight Trials (EFT) in Arizona USA in July and August 2018, achieving an endurance of 25 days, 23 hours and 57 minutes (the world record for unrefuelled flight). It continues to pursue and break world records.
Role: Software Development Lead
Pay: £69.50 per hour via Umbrella (Inside IR35)
Location: Farnborough (Hybrid is an option at business discretion 3 days onsite and 2 days wfh)
Contract: 6 months
Hours: 37 hours per week Monday – Friday
Security Clearance: Basic
The successful candidate will design and document the software architecture. Support the planning of the next software increments/release/sprint and contribute to the definition and improvement of design. They will also review and update Software Development Process documentation to support RTCA DO-178C compliance.
You will be subject to a BPSS check (including a criminal record check).
- Elicit, analyse and derive requirements from stakeholder needs or upper- level requirements, over the successive system decomposition levels.
- Write requirements in compliance with quality criteria, avoiding over- and under- specification.
- Manage specificities of interface requirements.
- Define & justify the requirements allocation to the given system elements taking into account the architectural interfaces and constraints, (e.g. requirements constraining system architecture), ensuring traceability.
- Manage requirement changes, including impact analysis and requirements baseline establishment.
- Verify that the sub-system, equipment and component’s requirements are correctly and completely implemented.
- Ensure software is tested and retains MISRA-C compliance and high-levels of statement coverage.
- Manage the end-to-end Software Development Process to gain and maintain DO-178C compliance.
- Team leading experience.
- Project planning and estimating
- Requirements modelling and documentation.
- Software architecture and Detailed Design documentation.
- Embedded Functional C and C++.
- Python (test scripts).
- Experience developing Airborne Master Software.
- Experience developing safety related/critical software to RTCA DO178 DAL C.
- Experience conforming to MISRA-C/C++ coding standards.
- Experience with static and Dynamic Analysis tools.
- Understanding of Hardware interfaces (Complex Electronic Hardware, FPGAs).
- Desirable skills
- Eclipse IDE.
- Tortoise SVN (Change Control System).
- Modelling in UML (Sparx Enterprise Architect).
- Trace32 (Dynamic Analysis).
- PC-LINT (Static Analysis).
- Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Conduction Software code reviews.
These industries will be of interest:
- High Tech Manufacturing
Education & Training
Essential – Strong experience in a similar role
Educated to a degree standard or equivalent training and experience
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Sarah Budd at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
Due to the number of applications, we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”