£54.00 - £55.00 per hour
Share this job
On behalf of our client, we are seeking a Software Engineer to join on an initial 6-month contract. You will join our Modem team within the Product Engineering group.
The team is undertaking the design and implementation of a satellite communications Software Defined Radio (SDR) modem. You will be part of a small multi-disciplinary team containing software, system, firmware and infrastructure engineers. There will be scope in the future to work on further developments as project needs arise.
You will need to be able to gain UK SC Security Clearance to undertake the role.
Role: Software Engineer
Pay: £55.00 per hour via Umbrella Company
Contract: Monday to Friday, 37 Hours a week, 6 months
IR35 Status: Inside
SC Clearance: BPSS Clearance
- You will research and develop aspects of modem products and associated communications systems, using your experience in software within complex systems
- Developing software aspects to support the operation of satellite modem products based on Software Defined Radio (SDR) technologies.
- Definition, implementation, verification and validation activities associated with these solutions.
- Work in response to requirements, defining sub-systems, communicating risk and specifying test and verification techniques.
- Occasionally diagnose software problems in the laboratory prototyping environment.
- Develop and maintain skills to support on-going and future development.
- Proven C++ software engineering on Linux platforms to a high standard
- Experience of device management interfaces (e.g. SNMP, Web) for design, implementation and test
- Knowledge and application of GNU/Linux toolsets, UML / SysML, Git
- Any Experience working in an Agile or Scrum environment would be beneficial (e.g. Atlassian Jira, Confluence, BitBucket)
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Hollie Binstead at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation is a specialist aviation and aerospace recruitment company that has been operating all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies and pride ourselves with working to the highest standard of service supported by an ingrained culture of honesty and integrity.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
Project Finance Controller
PBH Account Manager
Component Inventory Specialist
Field Service Representative – Aeronautical Training Devices
Director of Component Reliability and Engineering