Maintenance and Engineering
£45 - £50 per hour
Share this job
On behalf of our client, we are seeking a Software Engineer to join on an initial 6-month contract. As the Software Engineer, you will report to the Software Team Lead, where you will be part of a software team continuing development and maintenance of Zephyr Software. You will be responsible for assisting with delivering all stages of the design and development of the software, from identifying requirements, through design, programming, deployment, and ongoing maintenance with a particular technical emphasis on the airborne software.
Zephyr is an ultra-light weight, solar electric aircraft, which can fly persistently, day and night in the stratosphere, for months at a time.
Role: Software Engineer
Pay: £50 per hour via Umbrella
Hours: Monday to Friday, 37 hours a week
Contract: 6 months
IR35 Status: Inside
SC Clearance: BPSS
- Assist the Team Leader analyse and derive requirements from stakeholder needs or upper- level requirements, over the successive system decomposition levels.
- Assist with defining or amending requirements in compliance with quality criteria, avoiding over- and under- specification.
- Assist and Determine specificities of interface requirements.
- Assist in the Definition and justify the requirements allocation to the given system elements taking into account the architectural interfaces and constraints, (e.g. requirements constraining system architecture), ensuring requirements traceability.
- Assist with requirement changes, including impact analysis and requirements baseline establishment.
- Assist with Verifying that the sub-system, equipment, and component’s requirements are correctly and completely implemented.
- Implement design documents and software changes, including new and expanded functionality.
- Develop Airborne Software to appropriate coding standards.
- Ensure software meets requirements; comply with coding standards and unit test code modules using available test tools to determine static analysis of code implemented.
- Experience working with software development teams through the software development lifecycle.
- Functional embedded C for safety related/critical systems, preferably in the Aerospace sector.
- Python (for test scripts).
- System level interfacing with Complex Electronic Hardware (FPGAs etc).
- Embedded system experience with arm Cortex M series devices.
- Requirements, design, test, and software process documentation.
Additional Skills –
- Experience in aviation, particularly flight control systems would be an advantage.
- MISRA-C coding standard
- Experience applying RTCA DO-178 preferred
- Doors experience
- Subversion SVN Tool experience (Change Control System)
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Ellie Laflain at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation is a specialist aviation and aerospace recruitment company that has been operating all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies and pride ourselves with working to the highest standard of service supported by an ingrained culture of honesty and integrity.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
On/Off -Wing Aero Engine Mechanics
Live Build Manufacturing Technician
Electrical Test Operator
Electronic Architect (L5)
Electronics Design Engineer
Stores & Logistics Officer – Tooling
Industrial Manufacturing Engineer