Software Engineer C#
Maintenance and Engineering
£550 - £650 per day
Share this job
On behalf of our client, we are seeking a Software Engineer C# to join on an initial 6-month contract. As the Software Engineer C#, you will be reporting to the Head of Software Engineering for executing allocated Software Work Packages within agreed cost, time, and quality constraints.
Role: Software Engineer C#
Pay: £650 per day via Umbrella
Hours: Monday to Friday
Contract: 6-month contract
Location: Newport – onsite working
IR35 Status: Inside
SC Clearance: Current SC clearance
- Analysing requirements and specifying the software solution and work breakdown
- Preparing software architectural and detailed design UML Models and documentation
- Generating source code to implement all aspects of the software detailed design
- Controlling and reviewing work of the members of their team (where a team exists)
- Integration of software onto the target platform
- Providing software technical support
- Supporting the company software process and procedure updates
- All equipment is designed, developed, integrated, and tested in accordance with Client’s standards; all supporting documents are produced in accordance with Client’s standards.
- Tools, methodologies, and coding standards are appropriately specified and applied to achieve project aims
- Technical design decisions are made within the context of known practices, established precedents, and acquired “technical” expertise.
- The cost/benefit trade-offs of design options are understood, enabling appropriate judgement calls to be made.
- Software development plans can be estimated in detail, and resource requirements can be allocated against plans.
- Success of both internal and external design reviews and project reviews throughout the development life cycle.
- The support of the design and development of critical components where decisions have a significant impact on project timescales.
- Customer liaison, by representing Client on project related technical matters at stakeholder meetings.
- Design and Development by taking a technical role as a Prime on a critical component where required.
The primary focuses of the job are –
- Operational – delivery of project funded Work Packages.
- Ingenuity – To work on his/her own on a complete design from concept to delivery, possibly across multiple projects.
- Analytical – To identify and isolate problems in the product or system, their likely causes and solutions.
Skills and Experience
- Must have extensive experience of software development and be familiar with several software development methodologies
- Able to carry out development tasks of up to six months duration with very limited supervision
- Must have experience of software systems design & implementation for networking communications in a commercial and/or military environment
- Must have experience of stakeholder engagement (e.g. for requirements analysis, design trade-offs, third party certification/accreditation etc.)
- Must be familiar with process driven software development
- Implementation of Windows application software in C#
- Strong knowledge of the .NET web framework
- Proficient in creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Object oriented analysis, design and development documented using UML
- Must understand requirements implementation and traceability, and of work package definition and estimation
- Must have successful track record of working in a lead role
- Must be highly self-motivated, articulate, with good verbal and written communications skills
- Experience of full project lifecycle
- Experience of Requirements Management (e.g., using DOORS)
- Experience of software implementation of data or voice network protocols (TCP/IP, SNMP, VOIP)
- Knowledge of cryptographic techniques and their application in products/systems
- Experience of formal software configuration management
Education and Training
- Strong experience in a similar Role
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Ellie Laflain at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation is a specialist aviation and aerospace recruitment company that has been operating all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies and pride ourselves with working to the highest standard of service supported by an ingrained culture of honesty and integrity.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
Industrial Maintenance Technician
B2 Licensed Engineers
T400 Stress Approver
Industrial Process Engineer
Antenna Design Engineer
Product Assurance Engineer
Manufacturing Engineer / Assembly & Integration
Test Equipment Design Engineer