Software Engineer C#
Maintenance and Engineering
£550 - £650 per day
Share this job
On behalf of our client, we are seeking a Software Engineer C# to join on an initial 6-month contract. As the Software Engineer C#, you will be reporting to the Head of Software Engineering for executing allocated Software Work Packages within agreed cost, time, and quality constraints.
Role: Software Engineer C#
Pay: £650 per day via Umbrella
Hours: Monday to Friday
Contract: 6-month contract
Location: Newport – onsite working
IR35 Status: Inside
SC Clearance: Current SC clearance
- Analysing requirements and specifying the software solution and work breakdown
- Preparing software architectural and detailed design UML Models and documentation
- Generating source code to implement all aspects of the software detailed design
- Controlling and reviewing work of the members of their team (where a team exists)
- Integration of software onto the target platform
- Providing software technical support
- Supporting the company software process and procedure updates
- All equipment is designed, developed, integrated, and tested in accordance with Client’s standards; all supporting documents are produced in accordance with Client’s standards.
- Tools, methodologies, and coding standards are appropriately specified and applied to achieve project aims
- Technical design decisions are made within the context of known practices, established precedents, and acquired “technical” expertise.
- The cost/benefit trade-offs of design options are understood, enabling appropriate judgement calls to be made.
- Software development plans can be estimated in detail, and resource requirements can be allocated against plans.
- Success of both internal and external design reviews and project reviews throughout the development life cycle.
- The support of the design and development of critical components where decisions have a significant impact on project timescales.
- Customer liaison, by representing Client on project related technical matters at stakeholder meetings.
- Design and Development by taking a technical role as a Prime on a critical component where required.
The primary focuses of the job are –
- Operational – delivery of project funded Work Packages.
- Ingenuity – To work on his/her own on a complete design from concept to delivery, possibly across multiple projects.
- Analytical – To identify and isolate problems in the product or system, their likely causes and solutions.
Skills and Experience
- Must have extensive experience of software development and be familiar with several software development methodologies
- Able to carry out development tasks of up to six months duration with very limited supervision
- Must have experience of software systems design & implementation for networking communications in a commercial and/or military environment
- Must have experience of stakeholder engagement (e.g. for requirements analysis, design trade-offs, third party certification/accreditation etc.)
- Must be familiar with process driven software development
- Implementation of Windows application software in C#
- Strong knowledge of the .NET web framework
- Proficient in creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Object oriented analysis, design and development documented using UML
- Must understand requirements implementation and traceability, and of work package definition and estimation
- Must have successful track record of working in a lead role
- Must be highly self-motivated, articulate, with good verbal and written communications skills
- Experience of full project lifecycle
- Experience of Requirements Management (e.g., using DOORS)
- Experience of software implementation of data or voice network protocols (TCP/IP, SNMP, VOIP)
- Knowledge of cryptographic techniques and their application in products/systems
- Experience of formal software configuration management
Education and Training
- Strong experience in a similar Role
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Ellie Laflain at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation is a specialist aviation and aerospace recruitment company that has been operating all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies and pride ourselves with working to the highest standard of service supported by an ingrained culture of honesty and integrity.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
Manufacturing Controller – Bolton
Skilled Electrical Wireman
Production Test Engineer
A320 Structural Mechanic
Structural Mechanic A320
Systems Performance Engineer
Head of Office of Airworthiness (HOA)
Head of Independent System Monitoring (HISM)