Software Engineer C++
Up to £65.00 per hour
Share this job
An opportunity has arisen with my client for a Software Engineer C++ join them on a 12-month contract. The role of the Software Engineer C++ you will be designing and developing and Test Equipment software to test world leading complex missile systems and sub components.
Role: Software Engineer C++
Pay: Up to £65.00 per hour via Umbrella Company
Contract: 12 Months – Could be extended
Hours: Monday – Friday, 37 hours per week – Full time onsite
Security Clearance: Security Clearance Required before starting
- Designing and developing Test Equipment software to test world leading complex missile systems and sub-components;
- Working with a wide range of teams and stakeholders across the business to deliver test software capability of products from early concept to production;
- Exploring and experimenting with new implementations and technologies to meet the ever challenging customer requirements
- Challenging and implementing real change when opportunities arise in the way the software is developed both within test software and the wider software community
- Embracing Agility and delivering value to the company giving you are real sense of achievement
- Working in a Software Engineering office / lab environment engaging with test equipment and electronic circuitry.
- Previous software engineering experience in the development of test solutions
- Strong ability to write software in C / C++; experience with C# and scripting languages would be an advantage to our future strategy.
- Proactive and able to take ownership of the software development.
- Great communication skills with a strong motivation for collaboration.
- Previous experience working in an agile development team.
- A strong understanding of what is required to create high quality software and the ability to support quality practices
- Knowledge and experience of NI TestStand is desirable.
- Knowledge of electronics measurement and debug techniques using equipment such as oscilloscopes and spectrum analysers
- Understanding of communications and serial interfaces such as RS422, RS485, Modbus, CAN and 1553
- Can articulate the benefits of key software craftsmanship practices like unit testing and good design
- Someone who is comfortable with change and understands the importance of continuous improvement within a modern software development team.
- Experience of Test Driven Development within a software engineering context and comfortable with practices like pair programming and lightweight design modelling
- A good understanding of automation, continuous integration and DevOps principles and practices desirable.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Melanie Cave at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at any time! Thank you for your follow!”