Software Engineer C++ / Java
£56.21 - £75.00 per hour
Share this job
An opportunity has arisen with my client for a Software Engineer C++ / Java to join them on a 6-month contract. Our client is currently looking to recruit an experienced Software Engineer / Developer, who is self-starter and able to hit the ground running immediately with minimal support.
Role: Software Engineer C++ / Java
Pay: £75 Per Hour Via Umbrella Company
Contract: 6 Months Likely to be extended
Hours: Monday – Friday, 37 hours per week
Security Clearance: Security clearance required on submission
- In conjunction with the rest of the project team, participate in the design and development of software for Mission Planning Applications. To include updates to the current portfolio of Mission Planning systems and the development of major new products.
- To undertake a full range of engineering activities in line with relevant company processes and standards.
- Must be capable of taking ownership of features.
- The role potentially includes system integration activities on representative and final deliverable target hardware.
- Depending on the skills and experience of the engineer, they would be expected to partake in potentially all the development lifecycle from Architectural specification of the software product and through to the testing and verification.
- The role will include supporting the production of project documentation.
- A Software Engineer capable of design, development and proving of complex software products.
- The ability to communicate technical issues with other engineers and stakeholders from different skill areas.
- Experience operating as part of a collaborative Agile team.
- Knowledge of Software development practices and processes is required.
- Familiarity with a range of CI/CD/DevOps toolsets.
- Mandatory knowledge of C++ and Java.
- Strong Linux Administrator skills highly beneficial.
- Desirable knowledge includes C# and Python.
- Defence & Aerospace industry background.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Melanie Cave at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!