Software Project Manager
£45.00 - £49.38 per hour
Share this job
My client is looking for a Software Project Manager to join on them on a 6 month contract. As a Software Project Manager, you will be responsible for managing a software development team producing high-reliability software products for control of satellite payloads.
The primary role of this position is to ensure that the customer requirements flown down via a work order or contract are delivered On Quality, On Time and On Cost. As such you will be the primary interface to the customer ensuring that deliverables are produced in-line with the project schedule and relevant gate/quality reviews and customer reviews. You will be fully responsible for all aspects of the project and ensure the allocated team delivers to customer satisfaction.
Role: Software Project Manager
Pay: £49.38 per hour via Umbrella (Inside IR35)
Location: Portsmouth (Hybrid is an option at business discretion)
Contract: 6 months
Hours: 37 hours per week Monday – Friday (3 Days onsite and 2 wfh)
Security Clearance: Basic
- Drive the Project through all the SW lifecycle from requirement analysis to delivery
- Drives budgets, schedule, dependency analysis, risk management, and risk mitigation strategy
- Coordinate stakeholder management
- Lead and facilitate Multi-functional Core Team
- Responsible for day to day management of a small team of software engineers developing solutions for On-Board Digital Processing
- Set Team / Individual Project objectives
- Endorse Project goals and define Development Plan
- Implementation of divisional standards
- Communicate milestone issues with core team
- Working with architects/designers to define work items for work package delivery.
- Manage projects and establish EAC / CTC throughout the project life cycle in line with company processes
- Ensure programmes effectively focus on mitigation of risk to result in successful completion.
- Deliver projects on time, on quality and in costs
- Responsible for overall internal and contractual compliance to the product & project requirements
- Details Work Breakdown Structures/Packages
- Triggers internal Design Reviews
- Provide inputs to the Monthly Review, Business Reviews and other Airbus Defence and Space relevant reviews and in line with the agreed methods and principles.
- Drives tight change control management and impact reviews (including ECOs)
- Triggers and coordinates gate/quality reviews
- Resolves project / functional conflicts
- Provides input to functional managers for Team Members performance evaluation
- Manage resources assignment within Core Team
- Configuration management of project and manufacturing documents
- Liaises on cross project shared resources and facility conflicts
- Develop relationships with internal/external suppliers
- Act as the Project Champion (advocate)
- Provide Project reporting to Airbus management and customers
- Java Core (current)
- Java Enterprise Edition (current)
- Knowledge of major design patterns
- Continuous build environments
- Issue tracking systems
- UML/SysML using Enterprise Architect or similar
- Software & system integration
- Software Product Development
- Software service and support
- Automated software testing
6+ years’ experience in managing as Project Manager medium to large SW projects through all the SW lifecycle.
Good knowledge of SW development V-Model, SW requirement management, HW/SW & SW/SW integration and SW testing.
Have a broad range of experience with software and its applications, experience of Software development using the Agile methodology and knowledge of Digital Signal Processing
Highly developed analytical skills to be able to challenge the development & validation team constantly, achieving best value for the customer.
Strong internal/external customer facing skills to enable discussion and presentation of complex issues and solutions.
Professional PM Qualification or a proven track record of project delivery in a high-quality software development environment.
The ability to communicate in a relevant manner with all parties including:
- Internal / external customer
- Product Group Management
- Systems Design team
- Engineering / Design
- Quality / Product Assurance
- Production / Test
- Procurement / Suppliers
Strong interpersonal and leadership skills in communication, delegation and motivation.
To have good analytical skills to be able to challenge the core team constantly, achieving best value for the customer.
Good communication skills to enable discussion and presentation of complex issues and solutions to a range of stakeholders
Education & Training
Essential – Strong experience in a similar role
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Sarah Budd at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
Due to the number of applications, we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”