Software Test Engineer
£40.00 - £45.00 per hour
Share this job
My client is looking for a Software Test Engineer to join on them on a 6 month contract. As a Software Test Engineer, you will be responsible for software testing, some experience and an interest in software development, using the Java programming language and/or the Python scripting language, is expected to allow you to undertake software development tasks as required.
You will develop and run test campaigns for Secure Network Management Systems and work on all stages of the software test lifecycle, including requirements analysis, software & test design, test development and execution.
Role: Software Test Engineer
Pay: £45.00 per hour via Umbrella (Inside IR35)
Contract: 6 months
Hours: 37 hours per week Monday – Friday (Hybrid working 4 days on site and 1 day wfh)
Security Clearance: Basic but SC would be desirable
We are looking for a Software Test Engineer to join a company in Defence and Space in Portsmouth. You will join our Modem System Product team within the UK Modem Delivery group and report to the Software Lead.
- Writing test procedures from system/sub-system Requirements Specifications
- Running test procedures
- Writing test reports and analysing results to determine whether the software meets the requirements
- Provide input to and support TRRs, TRBs and DRBs.
- Support the implementation team in the investigation and diagnosis of software issues.
- Your role could involve very occasional travel within the UK and worldwide.
- Experience working in a responsible test engineering role
- Experience using Rational ClearCase, BitBucket or a similar version control management system
- Experience using issue tracking systems
- Comfortable breaking down large test campaigns into scheduled activities (be independent)
- A broad range of experience with software and its applications
- Experience in test automation
- Experience of software development using the Agile methodology
- Advantageous: Knowledge of Network Management Systems
Education & Training
Essential – Strong experience in a similar role
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Sarah Budd at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
Due to the number of applications, we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”