Software Test Engineer
£61.50 - £62.5 per hour
Share this job
On behalf of our client, we are looking for a Software Test Engineer to join client’s Modem team within the Product Engineering group, on a 6-month contract. The team is undertaking the design and implementation of a satellite communications Software Defined Radio (SDR) modem. You will be part of a small multi-disciplinary team containing software, system, firmware, and infrastructure engineers. You will test software aspects of modem products and associated communications systems, using your experience in software development and test within complex systems.
Please note- This role does not offer sponsorship; you must be a UK citizen with full rights to live and work in the UK and be a British Passport Holder.
Role: Software Test Engineer
Pay: £62.50 per hour Umbrella, or £47.25 per hour PAYE
Contract: 6-month contract, Monday to Friday, 37 Hours a week
Location: Portsmouth- Onsite requirement.
IR35 Status: Inside
SC Clearance: SC Clearance, British Nationals only.
- Developing software aspects to support the test of satellite modem products based on Software Defined Radio (SDR) technologies.
- Definition, implementation, verification and validation activities associated with these solutions.
- Work in response to requirements, defining sub-systems, communicating risk and specifying test and verification techniques.
- Occasionally diagnose software problems in the laboratory prototyping environment.
- Develop and maintain skills to support on-going and future development.
Skillset & Experience
- Proven modern C++ software engineering on Linux platforms to a high standard
- Experience of device management interfaces (e.g. SNMP, Web) for design, implementation and test
- Experience of working with Git for version control and Eclipse CDT for development
- Experience of unit and integration test tools (e.g. Google Test, Robot Framework)
- Experience of system and software modelling tools such as Enterprise Architect (SysML / UML)
- Experience working in an Agile or Scrum environment would be beneficial (e.g. Atlassian Jira, Confluence, BitBucket)
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: at Line Up Aviation.
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at any time! Thank you for your follow!”