Gatwick, West Sussex
Maintenance and Engineering
Share this job
An opportunity has arisen with my client for a Station Manager on a permanent basis. As the Station Manager you will be managing and motivating the team to bring a strong work ethic as well as establishing good working relations with other station manager and interfacing departmental managers and supervisors.
Role: Station Manager
Salary: Upon Application
Hours: Monday to Thursday – 08:30-17:00 Fridays – 08:30-14:30
Regulatory and Budgetary Requirements –
- To ensure all relevant Station, EASA and CAA regulations are met.
- To ensure relevant procedures are developed, maintained, and reviewed ensuring compliance with all regulations.
- To ensure all relevant directions, procedures and directives are controlled and correctly read and recorded.
- Manage the line Station costs and revenue and ensure all expenditure is recorded and potential cost savings or potential overspends are brought to the attention of the OMM.
- To ensure all overtime claims are accurate and filed in a timely manner.
- To ensure all non-conformities are responded to within laid down timelines.
Line Maintenance –
- Maintaining an efficient and effective Station structure to support the Customer Airline fleet.
- Ensure staffing levels and skills are sufficient to fulfil shift requirements
- To ensure a good relationship is established and maintained between all line stations and strive for uniformity in working practices,
- To manage, understand and strive to improve station KPIs.
- To have a good over site of selected 3rd party suppliers
- To ensure all responsible staff are regularly briefed and aware of their responsibilities and updates.
- To initiate corrective or disciplinary action as required by HR guidelines
- To ensure that all responsible staff’s qualifications are kept up to date.
- To ensure all relevant staff are aware of all H & S obligations and responsibilities.
- To ensure good communication is established and maintained across their relevant stations and interfacing departments.
- To ensure meetings are established and maintained with shift supervisors, OMM and Senior Management
- To encourage open communication amongst all staff using all medias available
- To carry out tasks as detailed by the OMM, LMM and Senior Management
- To ensure the line stores is a safe and efficient operation and in compliance with all relevant regulations.
- To instigate and maintain a rolling audit, security measures, stores procedures and tooling inventory as required.
Qualification & Education:
- O level or GCSE A-C standard grades
- Communicator and Man Manager
- Experience of customer-based A/C
- Ability to be acceptable to the authorities
- Qualified Part66 Licence holder
Supervisory and or Managerial experience
- Engineering background
- Basic P+L skills
Training & Knowledge:
- Excel, Word, Power Point
- SGHA Knowledge
- Team Leader and Motivator
- Organisational Skills
- Negotiation skills
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Melanie Cave at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
Software V&V Engineer
Paint Strip Mechanic
Experienced Aero Engine Mechanics
Part 145 Quality Engineer
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Chief Mechanical Engineer
B1 Licensed Engineer – Dhaka