Station Manager – Paris
Maintenance and Engineering
Share this job
Line Up Aviation is a specialist aviation and aerospace recruitment company that has been operating all over the world for more than 35 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies and pride ourselves with working to the highest standard of service supported by an ingrained culture of honesty and integrity.
Station Manager – CDG/ORY – Aviation Engine Wash Service Centre
-Job Title: Station Manager
-Job type: Permanent Fulltime
-Working Hours: Flexible but mainly Mon-Fri
On behalf of our US based client, we are looking to recruit a talented, flexible & collaborative team leader with strong, hands-on aviation line maintenance experience to head up a new Engine Wash operation based in Paris.
The Station Manager will have primary responsibilities for the operations and facility management with strict adherence to all internal policy and regulatory requirements. This position will act as the responsible person to manage the new location in CDG & ORY. Primary responsibilities, include, but are not limited to:
- Completing the clients training program to become proficient with the specialist engine wash technology and equipment servicing.
- Understanding key customer needs and requirements to ensure flawless execution of services to a large flagship air carrier.
- Work with local stakeholders (airport, customer) by continuously improving operational processes.
- Local customer point of contact for operations and key customers relationships
- Managing day-to-day challenges, facility compliance and staff performance. This will include ability to conduct engine washes periodically to keep skills current and be a back-up engine wash support to accommodate during staff absences.
- Ensuring facilities, equipment and staff compliance to company standards, EH&S, airport, local and national regulations.
- Managing local site integrity, including facility audit readiness (e.g., 5S, shop floor and inventory organization).
- Leading equipment maintenance and repair efforts including, assigning responsibilities to local staff and auditing paperwork.
- Managing station vehicles are up to date with registrations and inspections.
- Coordinating for all planned government, corporate and customer inspections, audits and assessments and ensuring readiness for such unplanned events. Coordinating with the Quality Assurance Manager on all regulatory or customer compliance issues.
- Education: Minimum of Mechanic Diploma. Ideally has achieved a B1 Engineer License.
- Licensure & Experience: Preferred background with Part 66 license. A broad knowledge of engine hardware and flight line operations/procedures as well as familiarity with the safe operation of heavy equipment and ground support equipment around aircraft is required. At least 5 years aviation maintenance experience (commercial preferred) is required. Applicants must hold a valid & current EU- based driver’s license to be considered.
- Supervisor experience: Experience managing direct reports is required, including managing staffing schedules, producing reports to management, and working collaboratively with peers and upper management.
- Scheduling: This is an on-site position, and primarily Monday-Friday day shift, however as the Manager, you must be flexible to address the variability inherent with servicing commercial air carrier customers. As such, you might need to work an occasional night or weekend shift to cover in the event of technician shortages. Though travel is not frequent, the Manager must have the ability to travel a few days a month for overnight trips, generally no more than one or two nights.
The successful candidate will need to have European working/living rights at time of application.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please apply using your current CV.
Due to the number of applications, we receive, it is not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Apply for this role
Technical Services Engineer
B1 Licensed Engineer
B1 Licensed Engineer -787
Flight Mechanics Specialist
B1 Licensed Engineer – A320 NEO
B1 Licensed Engineer
B2 Licensed Engineer
B1 or B2 Licensed Engineer – Shift Lead
B1.3 on AB412 Base Maintenance