Stress and Thermal Analyst Engineer
Maintenance and Engineering
£30 - £40 per hour + plus holiday pay in addition
Share this job
I am seeking a Stress & Thermal Analyst Engineer to contract with my client in Yeovil, Devon.
The team are responsible for the design, development and analysis of Environmental Control System (ECS) turbomachinery and heat exchangers, as well as electric traction drive motors.
The successful candidate will be responsible for stress, vibration, and heat transfer analyses. Responsibilities include providing technical expertise on a variety of projects and programs.
Other responsibilities include communicating with Project engineering teams, conduction of design reviews, presentations to internal and external customers and contributing to department process improvement initiatives.
* Rate of pay – £35 – £40 p/h PAYE only, plus holiday pay in addition
* Hours – 8am – 4:30pm Mon – Fri. 40 hours per week
UK eyes only due to nature of contract.
Main responsibilities of the Stress & Thermal Analyst Engineer:
* Perform stress analysis using complex finite element & classical book calculation methods, & support testing
* Perform heat transfer analysis in practice and theory (analytical correlations and complex finite element methods) and related topics in thermodynamics, single and multi-phase flows, and energy systems
* Provide technical oversight to global engineering teams across time zones
* Provide technical guidance to junior engineers
* Requirements validation
* Project and product compliance
* Risk management
* Process Development
* Root Cause and Corrective Action
Ideal candidate profile:
* Performing thermal & stress analysis on turbomachinery, gas turbine engines, motors and/or other similar components and systems
* Proficiency in linear static, nonlinear/elasto-plastic, fatigue (HCF & LCF), modal, shock, harmonic, random vibration, & crack growth analyses
* Proficiency in all modes of heat transfer, thermodynamics, thermal sciences, and two-phase thermophysics
* Strong working knowledge of ANSYS finite element software & classical hand calculation methods
The successful candidate will be required to pass a drug screen prior to starting
Candidates must already hold the right to live and work in the UK at the time of application
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please apply immediately.
Due to the number of applications we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at any time! Thank you for your follow!”
Line Up Aviation is a recruitment agency.
Apply for this role
Electrical Manufacturing Technician
Aircraft Avionic Technician
Aircraft Mechanical Technician
Aircraft Technician – Philadelphia, PA
Licensed Rotary Engineers – Aberdeen
Digital Project Leader
B1 AND B2 – EMB195 – UK Contract
H145 D3 Licensed Engineers