Maintenance and Engineering
£35 - £39.55 per hour
Share this job
On behalf of our client, we are seeking a Stress Engineer to join on an initial 6-month contract.
Role: Stress Engineer
Pay: £39.55 per hour via Umbrella
Hours: Monday to Friday, 37 hours a week
Contract: 6-month contract
IR35 Status: Inside
SC Clearance: Current SC
- Working on the design and build elements of new satellites for a range of roles from advanced Earth observation to complex communication arrays.
- Independently complete all tasks required by supervision, in the allocated time, to demonstrate that the structure design meets its
- strength and stiffness requirements.
- Participating in team discussions / reviews to achieve an efficient design.
- Further appreciation of relevant design drivers and associated manufacturing issues.
- Assisting lead stress engineer on projects.
- To identify all strength and stiffness requirements and ensure that they are valid.
- To perform all structural analysis necessary to ensure that all strength and stiffness requirements are met with a minimum mass
- To ensure that the design incorporates all features necessary to meet the strength and stiffness requirements.
- To provide a detailed definition of all structural testing required to verify that the strength and stiffness requirements are met.
- To monitor these tests and write a test assessment report that demonstrates that requirements have been met and that the pre-test
- analysis was of sufficient accuracy.
- Write clear and concise strength summary reports demonstrating adequate strength margins for all significant possible modes of
- Write other associated analysis documentation.
- Provide design support to manufacture to ensure that strength and stiffness requirements are met for all non-conformances to design with appropriate corrective action.
- To present strength and stiffness analyses and test requirements and assessments at formal design reviews.
- Typically, 5 years’ relevant experience.
- Proficient in using external and internal software tools.
- To have a good understanding of analysis techniques and methods for light weight structures strength and stiffness prediction. These will include classical hand analysis and computer techniques including the use of finite element analysis and pre/post processing software.
- Appreciation of real costs involved in the various methods and tools used.
- Sector Experience – Space, Aerospace
- Essential Knowledge – MS Office, MSC Nastran
- Desirable Knowledge – MathCAD, Hypermesh
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Ellie Laflain at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation is a specialist aviation and aerospace recruitment company that has been operating all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies and pride ourselves with working to the highest standard of service supported by an ingrained culture of honesty and integrity.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
Chief Engineer – Powerplant
Licensed Aircraft Engineer
EASA B2 on AW139 or AW109
Helicopter Standards and Training Engineer
On/Off -Wing Aero Engine Mechanics
Live Build Manufacturing Technician
Electrical Test Operator