Structural Analysis Engineer
£35.00 - £39.55 per hour
Share this job
My client is looking for a Structural Analysis Engineer to join on them on a 6 month contract. As a Structural Analysis Engineer, you will be responsible for required to perform structural analysis for aircraft components as part of the Airbus Zephyr program which is at the leading edge of technology and constantly looking for improvements and new developments to enhance its HAPS (High Altitude Pseudo Satellite) capabilities.
Role: Structural Analysis Engineer
Pay: £39.55 per hour via Umbrella (Inside IR35)
Location: Farnborough (3 days onsite and 2 remote)
Contract: 6 Months – 37 hours per week Monday – Friday
This is an exciting position in a growing team with many interesting program and design challenges. This individual will have primary responsibility for the structural analysis tasks arising throughout the design life cycle and production support. Tasks during preliminary design will include performing material and structural concept trade studies for various structural components. Responsibilities during detailed design will include detailed analysis and documentation of structural integrity for test support and certification.
The successful candidate will be proficient in performing structural analyses using FEA software, and with conventional hand calculations. This individual will also assist in defining component verification methods overseeing/guiding as require associated testing.
- Support the design teams to derive/guide detailed design solutions for existing and future aircraft projects
- Provide your technical inputs and advice to the wider product development team on concept studies and arising in build issues.
- Support any testing required to clear designs/materials
- Build line support – assist with the resolution of emergent issues, such as structural repairs or requested deviations
- Continuous improvement – Proactively identify improvements that could be introduced to positively affect either the end product or processes used
- Provide input to and ensure your own ongoing professional development
- Take responsibility for the progression of your own delegated work package
- Proven experienced in Structural Analysis
- Familiar with MSC suite of tools (Nastran)
- Experience of composites (and metallic) analysis – but the role is 80% composites
- Structural analysis and requirements checking, including FEA analysis and hand analysis
- Experienced in air vehicle structural design principles and able to coordinate across multiple disciplines to assist in the development compliant of design solutions
- Experience/knowledge in the selection of materials and identification of testing needs
- Knowledge of composite fabrication techniques advantageous
Essential Personal Qualities and Behavioural Requirements
- Ability to plan/manage delegated work, prioritising tasks
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team, as the work dictates
- Reliable in respect of quality and timeliness of deliverable items to achieve program
- Good attention to detail
- Good communicator – able to articulate design solutions/changes to end users
- Quality conscious, working methods are able to demonstrate good change management /configuration control
- Whilst work is programmed, our customer’s schedules are key to our success and the team’s ability flex and adapt with changing demands requires a flexible attitude to working patterns
- Some travel to support occasional flight trials overseas may be required, but unlikely in near term, this will be discussed during the interview stage
Education & Training
Essential – Strong experience in a similar role
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Sarah Budd at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
Due to the number of applications, we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.