Structural Analysis Engineer
£35.00 - £40.00 per hour
Share this job
My client is looking for a Structural Analysis Engineer to join on them on a 6 months contract. The Structural Analysis Engineer, is required to perform structural analysis tasks for aircraft components as part of the Zephyr program which is at the leading edge of technology and constantly looking for improvements and new developments to enhance its HAPS (High Altitude Pseudo Satellite) capabilities.
This is an exciting position in a growing team with many interesting program and design challenges. The individual will have responsibility for structural analysis tasks arising throughout the design life cycle but will focus primarily on providing the ‘at elbow’ support for the build-line.
During aircraft build technical issues arise that necessitate structural approval to deviate from the design intent, resolution of these requests in a timely manner is a key function of this role as the Zephyr build program accelerates.
However the role also includes supporting the wider airframe design team during preliminary designs including and performing material and structural concept trade studies for various structural components. The successful candidate will be proficient in performing structural analyses using FEA software and able to complete conventional hand calculations. This individual will also assist in defining component verification methods overseeing/guiding as required the associated testing.
Role: Structural Analysis Engineer
Pay: £40.00 per hour via Umbrella (Inside IR35)
Location: Farnborough, Hants
Contract: 6 months
Hours: 37 hours per week Monday – Friday (Hybrid 3 days on site 2 days wfh)
Security Clearance: Basic
- Support the Production team in resolving and clearing arising technical queries such as structural repairs or requested deviations
- Support the design teams to derive/guide detailed design solutions for existing and future aircraft projects
- Contribute/co-ordinate status reporting of emergent build line queries necessitating structural approvals with the equivalent design role holder
- Provide your technical inputs and advice to the wider product development team on concept studies and matters arising in build.
- Support testing required to clear designs/materials
- Continuous improvement – Proactively identify improvements that could be introduced to positively affect either the end product or processes used to build
- Take responsibility for the progression of your own delegated work packages
- Provide input to and ensure your own ongoing professional development
- Proven experience in Structural Analysis
- Familiar with MSC suite of tools (Nastran)
- Experience of composites (and metallic) analysis – but the role is 80% composites
- Structural analysis and requirements checking, including FEA analysis and hand analysis
- Experienced in air vehicle structural design principles and able to coordinate across multiple disciplines to assist in the development compliant of design solutions
- Experience/knowledge in the selection of materials and identification of testing needs
- Knowledge of composite fabrication techniques advantageous
Essential Personal Qualities and Behavioural Requirements
- Ability to prioritise tasks, picking out critical issues
- Ability to plan/manage and delegate work where appropriate
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team, as the work dictates
- Reliable with respect to quality and timeliness of deliverables
- Good attention to detail
- Good communicator – able to articulate design solutions/changes to end users
- Safety conscious, safe approach to own work and that of others
- Quality conscious, working methods demonstrate good change management /configuration control
- Whilst work is programed, our customer’s schedules are key to our success and the team’s ability flex and adapt with the changing demands requires a flexible attitude to working practices
- Some travel to support flight trials overseas may be required, although this is unlikely in the short term and would be discussed at the time of the interview
Education & Training
Essential – Strong experience in a similar role
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Sarah Budd at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
Due to the number of applications, we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”