System Engineering Manager Navaids
Share this job
My client is a global high technology leader investing in digital innovations, connectivity, big data, artificial intelligence, cybersecurity and quantum technology.
The company provides solutions, services and products that help its customer’s businesses, organizations and states in the defence, aeronautics, space, transportation and digital identity and security markets to fulfill their critical missions, by placing humans at the heart of the decision-making process.
Role: System Engineering Manager Navaids
Pay: To be defined based on experience
Location: Milan – Italy
The System Engineering Manager will collaborate with other engineering disciplines to design, develop and qualify solutions that meet customer expectations. He/ She provides Systems Engineering delivery leadership. This role involves working closely with the Product Design Authority and the Product Line Manager to capture customer requirements, orient the solution, design the selected solution and deliver the selected option within time, budget and schedule.
- Lead and coordinate high performance multi-discipline engineering teams through the full engineering design lifecycle.
- Define the strategy including, the system development cycle, the practices and tools, the risks identification and the associated mitigation actions.
- Plan and prioritize engineering activities in order to get projects to completion; meeting quality schedule and budgetary requirements.
- Ensure that the project deliverables meet the customer’s requirements, contract specification and the necessary clearances (e.g. security, safety, export control)
- Capture of customer requirements and flow down into System/Subsystem Specification (SSS) requirements to determine collectively the relevant modifications to the hardware, software
- Produce and maintain product System Specifications and the product external interfaces
- Prepare the integration system by defining the test strategy, writing the test procedure and conduct integration, verification and qualification tests,
- Organise reviews at all levels of the design, development and qualification of the solution;
- Communicate effectively, professionally and in a timely manner with internal personnel, external customers, consultants and subcontractors.
- Substantial experience in System design and development of complex Radio Frequency hardware and software systems.
- Proven experience in working collaboratively across multiple product development and specialist domain teams (Obeya, Problem solving…).
- Proficient in the use of Requirement Management tools (e.g. DOORS), configuration management tools, technical documentation tools, and problem reporting tools (JIRA)
- Understanding of MBSE (Model Based System Engineering) and implementation and toolsets such as Capella or Rhapsody.
- Proven ability to work in a multinational and multicultural team with varied degrees of experience.
- Experience working with network systems and networking principles
- Ability to develop innovative and low risk practical engineering strategies to manage a complex project across the full project lifecycle.
- Technical leadership – with a proven ability to build and sustain good working relationships with staff, peers and managers, customers and other stakeholders.
- Strong appreciation of Safety and Safety Assurance within the Engineering discipline and Domain and working knowledge of Airworthiness regulations.
- Experience of working within a safety environment in an aeronautic/transportation or similar industry
- Familiarity with Project management and delivery processes and practices, commercial acumen and a robust approach to budget and schedule control.
- Master’s degree in field with 10+ years’ experience
- Proven track record engaging and influencing strong stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, critical thinker with strong curiosity to learn
- Proficient in the use of issue tracking software (e.g. Jira) and requirement management tools (e.g. DOORS)
- Have a basic knowledge of NAVAIDS equipment’s such as ILS, VOR, TACAN, DME… and in the technical field of air traffic management and on the various regulations / standards such as EN, ICAO or specific local standards.
- Knowledge of Software / Hardware safety assurance standards: EUROCAE ED-109A (RTCA DO-278A), EUROCAE ED-80 (RTCA DO-254), EUROCAE ED-153
- English and Italian fluent is a must, ability to speak additional languages as German or French is a benefit.
- The role could require some travels abroad
Apply for this role
Manufacturing Engineer – Assembly & Integration (Stevenage)
Test Equipment Manager
AW Simulator Instructor
Legal Regulation Engineer
Senior Electronics Engineer (Calibration and Maintenance)