System Performance Engineer
£45.00 - £50.00 per hour
Share this job
My client is looking for a Systems Performance Engineer to join to join the System Performance team on a new complex weapon project. As the System Performance Engineer, you will carry out technical studies on missile performance and survivability.
Role: Systems Performance Engineer
Pay: £50 per hour via Umbrella
Contract: 6 Months (possible extension)
Hours: Monday – Friday, 37 hours per week
Security Clearance: Security Cleared
- Carry out technical studies into missile performance and survivability to help the project understand key trades and the impact of design choices
- Develop a good understanding of how the wider system affects performance and the knock-on impacts of changes to the design
- Work with experts in Aerodynamics, Propulsion, Lethality, Guidance, Control & Navigation, Seekers (and others) to understand how each of these contribute to system performance
- Work closely with the functional domain leads to clearly capture the impact of any changes to system functionality on performance
- Report performance data concisely in internal design reviews and external performance statements to customers
- Work in an agile and close-knit team. The team works in 4-week sprints, the objectives of which are agreed by the team at the start of each sprint.
- Present study conclusions and performance data to key partners including management and customers at the end of each sprint.
- Use their knowledge at the technical working level to shape future studies. As the person closest to the working level, a System Performance Engineer will have a good understanding of how design choices affect performance and are in a good position to help guide the work done by the team.
- Experience of model development or using mathematical models to assess system behaviour
- Experience of data analysis using Matlab and Simulink (or similar)
- Experience of capturing and presenting technical data.
- Experience of configuration control of models
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Natalie Dalkin at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
Control Systems Engineer
Digital Electronics Lead Hardware Engineer
Technical Records Administrator
Site Security Manager
Manufacturing Project Engineer
Electrical Engineer ( Night Shift)
Industrial Asset Manager
Project Manager- Secure Communications