Maintenance and Engineering
Up to £70.00 per hour
Share this job
An opportunity has arisen with my client for a Systems Engineer to join them on a 12-month contract. The role is within the Weapon Systems Design & Verification team, supporting the sustainment and improvement of the weapon system architecture. This will involve resolving technical queries, managing subsystem architecture and definition, and verification and validation activities. The role involves working closely with multiple stakeholders (both internally and externally).
Role: Systems Engineer
Pay: £70 per hour via Umbrella Company
Contract: 12 Months – Likely to be extended
Hours: Monday – Friday, 37 hours per week- Onsite, some home working possible.
Security Clearance: Security Clearance required before starting
- Management of System and sub-system level requirements and interface definition, including management of design baselines.
- System architecture definition.
- Management and resolution of Problems and Queries that arise from development & qualification activity.
- Understanding the impact of proposed changes on the current design / performing trade studies to de-risk the system design and ensure the continued viability of the product.
- Supporting coordination of key Design Reviews.
- Generation and review of technical documentation to support verification activity.
- System level compliance evidence compilation.
- System certification and generation of System verification documentation (e.g. Design Verification Plans, and Requirement Verification Modules).
- Systems support to other parallel programmes as required.
- An appreciation of the Systems Engineering lifecycle and processes, including requirement elicitation and interface definition, identifying and managing key design drivers, modification development and formal verification and certification processes.
- Experience in Systems integration (mechanical/electrical/software) would be beneficial.
- An ability to produce concise, coherent and detailed technical reports of a high quality.
- An ability to work proactively and flexibly across a number of variant programmes for which relative priorities can change quickly.
- An effective team player with strong interpersonal and influencing skills, essential to working as part of a multi-disciplinary team and in building cohesion in the relationships between the Systems team and various interfacing teams.
- An awareness of RTC & DOORS would be beneficial.
Key Technical competencies:
- Proven career experience of Systems Engineering (good understanding of CADMID & V-lifecycles)
- Strong technical competency – proven experience in understanding and resolving technical issues & communicating technical detail at the level appropriate for the audience.
Key candidate characteristics:
- Flexibility to react to changing priorities and managing conflicting demands.
- Work with a degree of autonomy and pro-active by nature.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Melanie Cave at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at any time! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
Microwave Design Engineer
RF Systems Engineer
Actuation Lab Co-Ordinator
Principal Product Assurance Engineer- Manufacturing
Systems Design Engineer
Space Product Quality Assurance
Electrical Cable Design Engineer