Systems Engineering Manager
£65 - £70 per hour
Share this job
On behalf of our client, we are seeking a Systems Engineering Manager to join on an initial 12-month contract. As the Systems Engineering Manager you will join the TAUHE Zephyr Engineering Team. Your role will be to lead the development and delivery of fit-for-purpose sub-system solutions suitable for recurring production and operation.
As part of the Zephyr Systems team, you will:
- Work as part of multidisciplinary engineering teams, and with the wider Zephyr aircraft system and sub-system teams to develop and deliver safe and cost-effective solutions to time, cost, and quality.
- Work with both internal and external stakeholders, to develop solutions that will satisfy regulatory safety requirements within a flight operations and aircraft maintenance environment.
Role: Systems Engineering Manager
Pay: £70 per hour via Umbrella
Hours: Monday to Friday, 37 hours a week
Contract: 12-month contract
Location: Farnborough – hybrid
IR35 Status: Inside
SC Clearance: BPSS
Provide guidance to sub-system managers in delivering the project system design;
- Make decisions with a balanced view of all stakeholder requirements, ensuring projects are run efficiently and profitably while delivering robust technical solutions on time to meet demanding schedules.
- Manage technical risk within projects through early involvement in project design reviews, early commencement of mitigation activities, managing requirements creep and clear definition of the technical scope of projects from their outset.
- Define appropriate implementation and proportionate application of the project product assurance plan to the project.
- This role will involve some travel for business and as such you must be able to travel accordingly
Skills and Experience
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of technologies relevant to Zephyr.
- Ability to define a balanced Zephyr architectural solution with intimate understanding of the necessary implementation of Zephyr sub-systems within the proposed design.
- Able to rapidly perform system level trade-offs and access sub-system options in terms of system performance, capability, reliability, and deliverability within the project schedule and to the necessary quality.
- Able to effectively perform system and sub-system technical reviews and chair meetings.
- Ability to communicate and explain requirements to sub-system managers and to define and explain acceptance test criteria.
- Ability to review acceptance test data and results in the context of assessing compliance with requirements, airworthiness criteria or more succinctly, fundamental assessment of whether a system or sub-system is fit for purpose.
- Knowledge of manufacturing techniques and materials, structural loading calculations in the context of aerodynamic forces and aero elastic behaviour over a large flight envelope, structural component test methods, qualification, and acceptance test criteria.
- Knowledge of electronic system design, software delivery process and acceptance test and qualification criteria.
- Knowledge of the design, delivery and implementation of power generation system, power storage system, propulsion systems, Ground Station systems and their integration with other Zephyr 8 systems.
- Understanding of the Zephyr environment – stratospheric, tropospheric, ground, and seasonal variations and variations due to locations.
- Has effectively delivered a new sub-system through a complete design cycle.
- Has a track record of system delivery in accordance with the regulatory and quality assurance requirements.
Qualities and Competencies
- Self-motivated, proactive, team-oriented, and willing to take on challenges.
- Able to constructively influence colleagues, suppliers, and customers.
- Planning own work and prioritise tasks in line with project needs.
- Focus on delivering to time, cost, and quality.
- Safety conscious approach to own work and that of others.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Ellie Laflain at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation is a specialist aviation and aerospace recruitment company that has been operating all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies and pride ourselves with working to the highest standard of service supported by an ingrained culture of honesty and integrity.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
Control Systems Engineer
Digital Electronics Lead Hardware Engineer
Technical Records Administrator
Site Security Manager
Manufacturing Project Engineer
Electrical Engineer ( Night Shift)
Industrial Asset Manager
Project Manager- Secure Communications