Systems Safety Engineer
£50 - £54.24 per hour
Share this job
On behalf of our fantastic aerospace client, we are seeking to recruit Systems Safety Engineer on a 6 -month basis. As a Systems Safety Engineer, you will support the production of safety deliverable to support Zephyr on future flight campaigns and certification.
Role: Systems Safety Engineer
Pay: £54.24 per hour via Umbrella
Contract: Monday to Friday, 37 Hours per week, 6 Months
IR35 Status: Inside
Security Clearance: Security Cleared
- Attending internal and external Safety Meetings as required (SSG, SWGs and PSC), representing the System Safety Manager when required.
- Monitoring and integration of safety activities of suppliers where applicable.
- Assisting in the implementation of the Zephyr Programme SEMP.
- Support and guidance to the Zephyr team in providing acceptable evidence that the safety requirements are satisfied.
- Collation and validation of data in support of the safety arguments.
- Support to Safety Audits carried out by the product assurance organisation.
- Realisation of the customer’s contracted safety objectives.
- Review and validation of any safety data provided by suppliers.
- Development and Maintenance of the System Safety Case and its various artefacts (PSSA, SSA, Hazard Logs, Fault Trees, GSN, Event Trees, Bow-Ties etc.).
- Understanding of Aircraft System and Software Safety Analysis processes.
- Understanding of Aircraft System and Software Safety Analysis processes e.g. HAZID/HAZOP, Hazard Logs, FHA, FMEA/FMECA, FTA, ETA, Bow-Tie and GSN.
- Computer literate in MS Office desktop applications including: Visio; Word; Excel; PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of certification standards e.g. DO-178/278; DO-254, STANAG 4703 and 4671 is desirable (but can be learnt on-the-job).
- Production of safety assessments in accordance with Def Stan 00-56 (or equivalent civil standards).
- Ability to critically analyse System Requirements and derive appropriate Safety Requirements.
- A broad engineering knowledge of aircraft airframe and electrical and mechanical systems would be desirable.
- Knowledge of Fault Tree Software particularly PTC Relex, otherwise FaultTree+/Reliability Workbench desirable.
- In addition to related qualifications and training, 5 years+ working within design / engineering environment, preferably with an aviation bias.
- Experience of working with the MAA, CAA, FAA and other regulatory authorities would be a distinct advantage.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Natalie Dalkin at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation is a specialist aviation and aerospace recruitment company that has been operating all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies and pride ourselves with working to the highest standard of service supported by an ingrained culture of honesty and integrity.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
Reward Operations Advisor
Human Resources Business Partner
Fixed Asset Accountant
VIP Private Jet Charter Broker
Senior Warranty Specialist