£38.00 - £43.00 per hour
Share this job
On behalf of our client, we are seeking to recruit a Technical Author on an initial 12 – month contract. As the Technical Author they are looking for someone with end to end amendment/production of Technical Documentation to Operate and Maintain equipment.
Role: Technical Author
Pay: Up to £43 per hour Via Umbrella
Contract: Monday- Friday, 37 Hours per week, 12 Months Contract
IR35 Status: Inside
Security Clearance: Security Clearance required to start
- To write technical documentation in Standard Generalised Mark-up Language (SGML), Extensible Mark-up Language (XML) and traditional formats for the Company’s products in accordance with individual contractual requirements
- To enable safe and effective operation and repair of the equipment.
- The role covers the whole product lifecycle through design, development and in-service support.
- Experienced in the production of technical documentation with a detailed knowledge of MoD publication standards ASD S1000D and AESP.
- Ideally qualified to HND/HNC or equivalent level in an engineering related subject or ex forces senior technician.
- Knowledge of SGML editing software (Arbortext Epic), Common Source Data Bases (CSDB for S1000D) and Desktop Publishing systems.
- Ability to communicate effectively with ILS Managers and Design Engineers.
- Ability to work independently, taking ownership for packages of work in terms of scheduling and status reporting in order to meet Company and Customer expectations.
- Demonstrate a writing ability for new, complex and original work.
- Able to support more than one project at a time.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Natalie Dalkin at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”