Technical Data Engineer
£40.00 - £45.20 per hour
Share this job
My client is looking for a Technical Data Engineer to join on them on a contract until early July 2023. As a Technical Data Engineer, you will be responsible for the production and support of the Maintenance & Material products (e.g. AMM, TSM, IPC etc), to enable the safe and efficient accomplishment of aircraft maintenance adapted to customer needs
Role: Technical Data Engineer
Pay: £45.20 per hour via Umbrella (Inside IR35)
Location: Filton, Bristol
Contract: 7 months
Hours: 35 hours per week Monday – Friday (across 4.5 days (working between 7-7 at business discretion)
Security Clearance: Basic
* Technical/Authoring Activities
– Ensure and maintain compliance with EASA/FAA regulations (ICA process) and
EN9100 for their own technical scope and perimeter of responsibility.
– Using technical expertise to manage all authoring activities for the technical
scope of the jobholder.
– Technical focal point for other domains and companies (design office & customer
services & subcontracting companies & suppliers).
– Assess aircraft design criteria (e.g. Service Bulletin, Customer Originate Change,
MPM, drawings) for technical manual impact. Collect all associated necessary
source data from design office, component manufacturers and suppliers (RSP,
– Alert in case of non-identified impact on others ATA chapters or manuals
respective work sharing partner in other domains or local lines.
– Define product manual revision/creation target and ensure associated
deliverable follow up.
– Writing of maintenance or trouble shooting or material or wiring procedures.
– Cascade transnationally all necessary technical information to other local lines
technical data engineers.
– Manage A/C configuration at A/C MSN level for all written procedures in order to
ensure that Airbus Technical Data accurately reflects the aircraft configuration.
– Ensure program tasks harmonization.
– Ensure source data verification for coherence and technical consistency.
* Subcontracting activities management
– Manage Technical Data & Services Subcontracted Activities in accordance to
AP2539 with support of business operations department, quality focal point or
others as necessary at ATA or work package level.
– Ensure information flow of Airbus referential revision/creation on
– Focal point of contact in all matters for criteria like RFI/RFR, MPM, SB, COC,
drawings. Ensures that all requests are answered/incorporated in time and
according to the Customer Support rules.
– Provide guidance to technical authors (subcontractors) in the accomplishment of
their tasks related to customer daily queries e.g. for applications and
interpretation of product requirements and associated processes.
– Assess KPIs issued by Business Operations department and launch associated
– Monitor recovery reports (action plans) from subcontractor when required.
* Validation & verification activities
– Define and manage priorities and proofread maintenance or trouble shooting or
material or wiring procedures (internal production).
– Define and manage priorities and perform incoming inspection of maintenance
or trouble shooting or material or wiring procedures (external production).
– Ensure, in case of findings, that the Safety Related Item (SARI) / Significant
event / OCC process is applied.
* Design criteria management
– Contribute to the design criteria assessment.
– Ensure integration and management of all design criteria impacting Technical
– Assess and provide technical justification for all non-integrated design criteria.
– Coordinate/inform other SID organization on potential impacts of a criteria
under the responsibility of the jobholder.
* Technical data process / tool improvements
– Propose process and IT tool improvements.
– Functional testing Business acceptance testing & validation.
* Customer relationship & support
– Provide continuous and efficient support to customers and all users of the
Maintenance, Material and Wiring deliverables.
– Guarantee accurate and on time delivery of our deliverables as promised to
– Launch preventive/corrective actions to continuously improve products,
processes and practices based on customer feedback in line with product
* Tutoring / coaching activities
– Ensure tutoring/coaching of newcomers if required.
* Transnational activities
– Represent local department at transnational Technical Data decision-making
meetings and workshops.
– Represent Technical Data function in discussions with local engineering
departments and external engineering suppliers.
* Key deliverables
– Aircraft maintenance or material deliverables
– Customer queries/answers
– Technical data KPI assessment and associated corrective actions
– Subcontracting activities follow up
– Supplier activities follow up
* Experience as a technical data author
* Aviation experience
* Aeronautical or engineering based education – no specific qualification or level
Education & Training
Essential – Strong experience in a similar role
Candidate must have aerospace and tech data author on their CV (Airbus experience would be advantageous)
Must be capable of authoring (writing) maintenance procedures or parts catalogues – this comes from experience and not qualifications
Stakeholder and project management
If they have strong product knowledge (engineering/landing gear background)
Landing Gear – knowledge of AMM/TSM maintenance or troubleshooting (how to)
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Sarah Budd at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
Due to the number of applications, we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”