Technical Planner – Engine Support
Maintenance and Engineering
Share this job
Line Up Aviation is a specialist aviation and aerospace recruitment company that has been operating worldwide for more than 35 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies who demand the highest standard of service and attention. On behalf of our London based client, we are currently recruiting experienced a Technical Planner – Engine Support.
Job Title: Technical Planner – Engine Support
Location: West London
Contract Type: Permanent, Fulltime
Scope of Role
This is a fabulous opportunity to join a world-renowned company specialising in Aircraft Engine MRO. The Technical planner will operate within our client’s facility in West London and will coordinate and enable all activity for engines that require maintenance including those in operation. This opportunity demands an individual with a strong character that can take control, organise, and action all activities necessary to ensure engines transition smoothly and predictably through their scopes of work from start to finish. The successful candidate will also display a high level of flexibility, dealing with uncertainty and ambiguity, while managing multiple tasks on several engines within the network. A strong technical/planning background is therefore essential.
- Plan and co-ordinate all live tasks within our clients planning system.
- Co-ordinate technical operating instructions between customer and service team for live tasks
- Review new tasks and perform capability assessments as needed, including the production of work cards.
- Review and assess customer work orders.
- Development, production, and publication of technical work instructions between customer and production team for tasks in accordance with Airworthiness regulations
- Allocate resource, tools, and parts to tasks.
- Co-ordinate delivery and completion of tasks within the planning system
- Monitor resource status to ensure availability and capability is matched to business requirements and escalate accordingly.
- Agree the scope of tasks with customers or customer teams.
- Manage workload to ensure resource availability when planned work and emergent work arises.
- Support other areas within the organisation as needed to ensure delivery of services to customers.
- Strong technical background
- IT literate and comfortable using IT systems and tools for the planning and scheduling of tasks and resources.
- Experience of aviation planning or maintenance in a dynamic environment to support customer needs, and the ability to work in a calm and efficient manner.
- Customer focused and able to work in a changing environment, being flexible and responsive in approach to deal with requests of the customers and third parties.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision to tight timescales and capable of managing several tasks simultaneously, prioritising activity to meet deadlines and achieving high quality outputs on time.
- Team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to persuade, influence and negotiate within a in a broad and complex organisation.
- A background or experience in aircraft maintenance planning is preferred, aircraft or engine maintenance experience is essential.
In addition to a great salary package our client offers,
- Life insurance, death in service cover
- AXA Employee Assistance Programme
- Access to gyms with generous discounts
- Employee referral scheme.
- Cycle to work scheme (Employee Assistance Program).
- Free parking on site.
- Company pension contribution up to 12%.
- Enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption pay (Paying above and beyond the statutory requirement).
- Occupational Health.
- In depth training allowing our employees to progress within their remit.
- Company sick pay
To apply please send your latest CV for evaluation.
This is a UK based opportunity, to be successful in your application you must already have the rights to live and work in the UK, sponsorship is not available.
Due to the number of applications that we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Apply for this role
Research and Development Engineer
Fatigue and Damage Tolerance Engineer
ESM Design Engineer
EASA B1/B2 Licensed Engineers (A320 AND B737CL/NG)
Shot Peen Technician
Design Concession Approver
System Modelling Engineer