Technical Services Engineer
Maintenance and Engineering
£28500 - £37000 per annum
Share this job
Role: Technical Services Engineer (Permanent role)
Location: Southern Berkshire, UK
Salary: £28,500 – £37,000 DOE
My client manages component repair services as well as component warranties for their clients, ensuring costs to clients are closely controlled.
As a Technical Services Engineer, the successful candidate will be contributing towards their clients’ savings associated with Value Engineering, Warranty Management, Sourcing, Guarantee Management and other value stream activities.
This role could suit a recent high achieving aerospace engineering graduate (or similar degree course), who has demonstrable experience of group project work or similar technical services experience.
Hybrid working after inital training period.
- Reducing the cost of equipment repair through Value Engineering and Warranty Management.
- To be the go-to department for engineering/technical issues and provide subject matter expertise to other internal departments.
- Reporting of saving performance.
- Evaluate and review repair quotations to ensure cost are fair and equitable e.g. contract enforcement, warranty optimisation, tactical cost reduction/avoidance opportunities.
- Review and analyse warranty rejections and quotations raising an Engineering Request Form
- Monitor and identify opportunities for reliability management and complete reliability reports
- Working with other teams to support Cost Reduction Programmes.
- Achieving or exceeding contractual customer requirements.
Ideal Candidate Profile:
- A Degree in an Engineering discipline is desirable, or relevant work experience in an aircraft maintenance organisation.
- Strong analytical skills with a focused and methodical approach to managing work.
- A strong team worker who focuses on the success of a team as a whole; with excellent interpersonal skills, clear communication and ability to negotiate effectively.
- Confident in using own initiative, adept at problem solving, willing to learn.
- Candidates are expected to have good problem solving skills, as well as competency in using MS Excel.
- Candidates must already hold the right to live and work in the UK prior to application. No sponsorships are available, either now or in the future.
- Free onsite parking
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please apply immediately.
Due to the number of applications we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
179276 – Assembly and Test Mechanic
Trainee Production Coordinator
Software V&V Engineer
Paint Strip Mechanic
Experienced Aero Engine Mechanics
Part 145 Quality Engineer
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Chief Mechanical Engineer