Technical Standards Surveyor
Crawley, West Sussex
Maintenance and Engineering
Share this job
I am seeking a Technical Standards Surveyor to carry out desk-based technical assessments and manage applications for aircraft airworthiness certificates, aircraft permits to fly, aircraft maintenance programmes, and organisation approvals. You will also assess applications for Engineers licenses.
In this role you will be evaluating applications for technical acceptability and compliance with CAA and ICAO requirements and provide technical, regulatory advice to individual applicants, the aviation industry and other internal staff.
This role may suit previously licensed engineers who now wish to move into more of a desk based role.
Ideal Technical Standards Surveyor candidate profile:
* You will need to hold or have held a Part 66 B1 or B2 Aircraft Maintenance Engineers License, with fixed wing or rotary type ratings or an HNC/HND with an apprenticeship or a relevant degree and have practical experience of continued airworthiness control processes. This should include knowledge of aircraft type certification and modification approval, CAA standards and recommended practices.
* Experience as an engineer instructor or training manager or experience in the authorisation of engineering staff in accordance with Part 145 and Part 66 requirements is also key knowledge required for the role.
* A good understanding of the Air Navigation Order and ICAO regulations related to certification and continuing airworthiness is highly valuable.
* You must be able to work well in a team or on your own initiative, be able to seek advice when necessary, possess excellent technical and communications skills at all levels and be able to interact effectively with major industry stakeholders.
- Salary available on request
- Hybrid working/WFH available
- Candidates must already hold the right to live and work in the UK prior to application
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please apply immediately.
Due to the number of applications we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
RF Microwave Design Engineer
Configuration Technical Support
Human Factors Engineer
Aircraft Fitters – Skilled & Semi Skilled
Wheel and Brake Technician (Entry Level)
Electronic Engineering Technician
Aircraft Engine Wash Technician
Licensed Aircraft Engineers – Saudi
Technical Services Engineer