Share this job
Role: Telecommunications Engineer
Pay: To be defined on the basis of experience
Location: Turin (Italy)
The candidate will work in team, defining, designing and testing communication systems for space applications. The activities will include:
- Design of wireless communication systems for satellite platforms and payloads.
- Design of telecommunication satellites constellations.
- Definition of system requirements and architecture.
- Analysis and definition of technical budgets (link, data, power, etc.).
- Validation of design by means of analysis and simulations.
- Verification and validation planning and supervision of test activity.
- Technical interface with worldwide commercial and institutional customers and suppliers
- Previous experience in space projects (industrial and/or academic) or with ESA tendering process.
- Working experience with digital communication systems.
- High flexibility and proven team-working skills.
- Relevant experience in digital wireless communication systems design.
- Experience with 5G communication systems
- Communication satellites architectures.
- Digital modulations (e.g. PSK, MSK, QAM).
- Channel coding techniques (e.g. LDPC, TURBO).
- Radio-navigation techniques (ranging, doppler, one-way).
- Proficient use of MATLAB/Simulink
- ITU Radio Regulations, SFCG regulations.
- ECSS and CCSDS standards.
- C/C++ software development.
- GNU Radio framework.
- Antenna design and RF wave propagation.
- Transceiver design, impedance matching, filter design and low noise amplifiers
- Master’s degree in Telecommunications Engineering
- Fluent in Italian and English is mandatory
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Alessandro Mereghetti at Line Up Aviation
Due to the number of applications we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”