Telecoms Projects Controller
£35 - £39.55 per hour
Share this job
On behalf of our client, we are seeking a Telecoms Project Controller to join on an initial 6-month contract. As the Telecoms Project Controller, you will be responsible for managing the financial situation of satellite supply projects.
Role: Telecoms Project Controller
Pay: £39.55 per hour via Umbrella
Hours: Monday to Friday, 37 hours a week
Contract: 6-month contract
IR35 Status: Inside
SC Clearance: BPSS then move to SC
- To ensure all deliverables are met regarding monthly reporting to Primes or to ensure accurate and timely reporting to the local Controlling Business Partners or to the Work Package Managers (WPM), Project Managers (PM), Business Unit Leaders.
- To be the review point of all financially relevant contractual matters i.e., Supply Contracts, Works Orders, Change Notices or Direct Contract with an external customer.
- To be empowered to engage fully in all financial topics and to summarize points in a way that supports rapid decision making – collect background information on possible scenarios and share findings with the Business Unit Business Partner to ensure all alternatives are covered and to share experience before finalising on a recommendation.
- To oversee and ensure that currency coverage for the projects under your control are comprehensive and respond to the reporting requirements of Treasury.
- To maintain an open eye for improvements in your workplace.
- To manage the allocation of cost to work package and provide high quality variance analysis with inputs from Work Package Managers (WPMs) and Project Managers (PMs).
- To maintain an awareness of the Risks and Opportunities on the projects and to actively support Risk Mitigation and Opportunity Attainment to allow consolidation of Risks and Opportunities at business unit level.
- To participate in adhoc activities to support the overall achievement of the finance community and always positively challenge yourself and others to improve with a focus on the team development.
- Produce monthly financial reporting on project Key Performance Indicators comparing Actuals against Budget and Forecast [Sales, Margin, Cost, & Cash].
- Hold regular cost reviews with Work Package Managers to capture Cost To Complete (CTC) encompassing labour costs, materials and equipment costs.
- Work alongside your projects to ensure on time financial milestone achievement & ensure the necessary process is followed.
- Analysis of project actual costs and correction of mis-bookings.
- Quarterly amendments to the CDP Pool to reflect the latest project status after agreement with the UK Financial Controller / Prime Controllers and Business Unit Leaders.
- Forecasting of project resourcing/manpower requirements by work package.
- Key subcontractor financial milestone reporting
- Quarterly tracking of major project non-quality events for communication to senior Management.
- Forecasting and management of project foreign currency requirements [EUR, USD, CAD].
- Ensure that the impacts of any project changes e.g. scope, schedule, etc. [on Sales, Margin, Cost, & Cash] are properly controlled and assist the Project Manager with creating Contract Change Notes / Change Proposals.
- Work closely with the Finance team to support the consolidation of the overall program financials.
- Participate in Project Control team process improvement activities.
- Respond to adhoc requests and contribute to future process innovations.
- To feedback to the team where positive added value contribution to the business can be enhanced and this job description and job spec can be updated.
Skills and Experience
- High MS Excel literacy.
- Knowledge of SAP
- Financially aware with high business partnering acumen.
- Critical thinking & ability to constructively challenge the operational business.
- Excellent team working skills.
- Good communication skills – an ability to make finance important to non-finance People.
- Project Based environment
- Solution Orientated approach to working.
- Highly numerate and computer literate.
- Experience from management accounting role within a project-based environment, CIMA or ACCA qualified or trainee.
- Another European Language (French / German) would be advantageous.
- Experience in a large, multi-national environment
- Digitally aware
Education and Training
- Part Qualified would be an advantage
- Knowledge of SAP
- Strong Financial Background / Industry knowledge would be advantageous.
Apply for this role
Airside Operations Technical and Regulations Manager
Airside Safety and Assurance Manager
NH90 B1.3/B2 ground instructor
AW Simulator Instructor
Technical Production Planner
Systems Design Engineer
Principal Product Assurance Engineer Manufacturing
Quality Inspector (Aviation Workshop)