Test Equipment Design Engineer
Maintenance and Engineering
£45 - £50 per hour
Share this job
On behalf of our client, we are seeking a driven and enthusiastic Test Equipment Design Engineer to join on an initial 6-month contract. As the Test Equipment Design Engineer, you will be developing and designing Test Equipment solutions for the next generation of weapons for Europe’s number one missile systems provider.
Role: Test Equipment Design Engineer
Pay: £50 per hour via Umbrella
Hours: Monday to Friday, 37 hours a week
Contract: 6-month contract – likely extension
IR35 Status: Inside
SC Clearance: Current SC
- To provide support in the day to day running of Test Equipment product support activities.
- It will require complete management of the technical change through the engineering change process.
- To solve potentially complex technical problems from cradle to grave through the use of structured problem-solving techniques.
- Wide ranging technical background with exposure from system level down to component level within numerous technical disciplines; including EMC, RF, Digital & Analogue, Video and Power supplies.
- Taking an active role in maintaining and modifying relevant engineering processes and procedures. Also working closely with managers to develop team improvements.
- Working across multiple projects and developing solutions for products at differing stages of maturity including prototyping, production, and end-user equipment.
- Excellent communication skills are required to create and maintain working relationships with multi-disciplinary teams
Skills and Experience Required
- Excellent understanding of: Digital and Analogue Electronics (new and old) – Wiring diagrams and schedules – Microsoft products.
- Good understanding of: Instrument communication systems (GPIB /Lan / BCD) – Power control, power switching and supply regulation from DC to 3 phase – Interlock and safety related circuits on mechanical and electrical machines and safe working with low to medium power RF signals.
- Basic Understanding of: RF measurement techniques and equipment – Boundary scan (JTAG) test, diagnostics, and programming – Firmware coding.
- Related competence in one or more of the following: The use of CAE Design tools – Negotiation of subsystem requirements with the systems teams – Writing Subsystem Requirement and associated documents – Ability to provide succinct and accurate reports and presentations
- Experienced Engineer in the design, integration and validation of test solutions for electronic / electromechanical equipment and systems.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Ellie Laflain at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation is a specialist aviation and aerospace recruitment company that has been operating all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies and pride ourselves with working to the highest standard of service supported by an ingrained culture of honesty and integrity.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
Helicopter Mechanic assembly line
Simulation & Modelling Engineer
Chief Engineer – Powerplant
Licensed Aircraft Engineer
EASA B2 on AW139 or AW109
Helicopter Standards and Training Engineer