Test Operation Support Engineer
£30.00 - £32.00 per hour
Share this job
My client is looking for a Test Operation Support Engineer to join on them on a 6 month contract. As a Test Operation Support Engineer, you will be responsible for supervision of test execution activities within the payload AIT facility. Responsible for first line support across all test phases and all projects, providing test engineering and process support to shop floor operations
The Test Ops support engineer will drive continuous improvements and the reduction on non-quality in the area of electrical and RF test operations.
Working as a member of the Assembly Integration and Test team with Mechanical and Electrical specialists whose objective is to produce world leading satellite payloads.
Role: Test Operation Support Engineer
Pay: £32.00 per hour via Umbrella (Inside IR35)
Contract: 6 months
Hours: 37 hours per week Monday – Friday – fortnightly rotating double day shifts – regular opportunity for extra hours mid-week & weekends 06:00 – 14:00 and 14:00 – 22:00 shift 4 days on 4 days off (Onsite)
Security Clearance: Basic
* Ensuring that test safety measures and procedures are being adhered to during payload testing, examples of which would be DC safety / High power RF safety
* Involved in the definition / review of the standard bay layout.
* Ensure high standards of housekeeping are maintained across test activities and test equipment
* Contribute to process confirmation within the operations team regarding the use / storage / maintenance of test assets
* Responsible for raising test related safety issues within the SQCDP and FISH tools
* Enforce all cleanroom rules with anybody working in the cleanroom – i.e. Critical Move entry, mobile phones, food, etc.
* Monitor teams discipline when working on assigned tasks. Raise any issue of discipline firstly with the operations team leader
* The Test Operations support engineer is an extension of the Test Engineering team and is required to ensure that test process are being followed by the operations team, any deviation or behavioural issues are to be escalated through the operations team.
* Management of all cleanroom operational processes owned by the payload test team for all payload test phases.
* Work with the Lead Engineers to agree the ‘daily contract’ of work to be carried out and highlight any difficulties based on resource, tools, and means. Identify any opportunities that may not have been considered in the plan to improve the efficiency.
* Support the RF Lead in forward planning and looking at what tests are planned in the near term to ensure that paperwork, test aids are available.
* Drive testing locally in the cleanroom: make sure there is no hindrance for the operations team and that all tasks are pursued continuously and efficiently.
* The Test Operations support engineer is empowered to red-line the procedures / WIS in agreement with either the RF Lead; the process owner or the process manager.
* Responsible for ensuring that the correct test aids are available for a project test phase, and any investigation and supplying these items to the OPS TEAM LEADS
* Interface with Operations team at shop floor level for Test operational tasks.
* Supporting the operations team by ensuring that test priorities are clearly understood. Escalate immediately when a priority task cannot be carried out.
* Monitor the team as they carry out the tasks ensuring they are completed and in line with the set duration. Any outside the duration should be understood and fed back to the Lead Engineer for lessons learnt.
* The Test Operations support engineer is responsible for supporting the ‘daily contract’ agreed with the Lead Engineer in the morning is performed efficiently and in line with scheduled duration acting as first line support to resolve issues locally or escalated following AIT test process.
* Act as a focal point to provide supplementary test reference material required for efficient execution of test phases
* First line filter for test related issues responsibility to escalate issues that cannot be resolved locally, to the correct job function
* Co-ordinate investigations and ‘non standard’ work instructions, provide AIT process knowledge and support to both internal AIT test team and systems engineering teams
* Co-ordinate EMC investigations working closely with EMC engineering team
* To be the focal point of the test work stream within the operations cleanrooms, providing shop floor engineering and operational expertise to support the operations team
* Carry out a standard handover to the next Test Operations Support engineer to ensure key messages are understood with a follow up email.
* Liaise with RF Systems teams when required to notify them of status and gain approval to move onto next priority. e.g. at the end of alignment planes.
* Escalating issues via the SQCDP meetings as required, Test Management or using on call when out of hours.
* Provide shift team with positive and constructive feedback to help develop them as an operator and escalate any recurrent or serious issues to cleanroom manager.
* Provide sub-contractor performance feedback to cleanroom manager to ensure correct skills are maintained and performance issues are dealt with.
* Ensure all tasks are carried out to the correct level of quality and any issues are escalated to operations management.
* Participate in PPS (Practical Problem Solving) sessions to define root causes and escalate as required.
* The Test Ops Support engineer will support any improvement roadmap / improvement objectives related to Test in the cleanroom.
* On projects, the test Operations Support Engineer has the responsibility of taking first action following anomaly or deviation i.e. the test Operations Support Engineer is responsible for logging into NC-CAPA and carry out first level diagnosis.
Test system deployment team lead
Engineering teams within AIT and Systems
* Electrical and/ or RF Engineering skills
* Experience in Electrical Test environment
* Aerospace, Communications, Automated Test Equipment development
* Strong Electrical/RF test measurement experience
* Utilisation of automated test systems; including ATE Test Hardware & Software development
* COTS digital test equipment experience
* Communication – Clear and confident communication with team
* Confidence – Comfortable to deal with challenging situations and challenging of discipline
* Flexibility to adapt to different working patterns, including ability to work off-site (UK and abroad). Work hours will include various shift patterns as per project needs, including but not limited to: normal days, 2 or 3 shift systems, 4on / 4off and weekend working. All shifts offer shift uplift
* Problem solving aptitudes
* Presentation skills – Clear and concise presentation of the project status to peers, managers, and internal customers
* Organised – Good time management to ensure the team is always working and tasks are ready for the next operator
* Delivering feedback – positive and constructive to local team
* Mentoring / Coaching – Development of team members
* Understand technical documents, drawings, procedures, etc.
* Experience of procedure / process control
* Work place health and safety awareness
* Cleanroom experience
* Management and/ or Team leading experience, with leadership abilities
* Conflict management – dealing with local team issues
* Electrical Test System Design / validation / experience
* Previous experience of telecoms payload test
Education & Training
Essential – Strong experience in a similar role
HND or Degree in Electrical / Electronic discipline, Electrical Test Engineering or RF & Communications
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Sarah Budd at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
Due to the number of applications, we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”