Thermal Vacuum Engineer
Maintenance and Engineering
£26 - £30 per hour
Share this job
On behalf of our client, we are seeking a Thermal Vacuum Engineer to join on an initial 6-month contract. As the Thermal Vacuum Engineer, you will perform thermal vacuum and climatic test activities and provide technical support to the requirements of our client and where required, provide testing services to the requirements of external commercial customers.
Role: Thermal Vacuum Engineer
Pay: £30 per hour via Umbrella
Hours: 4-week rotating shift pattern, Early, Lates and Nights (06:00 -14:00, 14:00 – 22:00, 22:00 – 06:00)
Contract: 6-month contract
IR35 Status: Inside
SC Clearance: BPSS
- Perform thermal vacuum and climatic testing on space and commercial hardware to a high technical standard. This includes correctly setting up tests and ensuring test equipment is operated in the correct manor and within calibration.
- Assist the EVT manager to achieve the goals of the department.
- To review test procedures and comment on their content.
- Raise quotations against external customer specifications.
- Assist the EVT manager with costs and scheduling within the group
- Maintenance of the associated test facilities.
- Ensure that all testing is performed in a safe manner.
- Production of accurate test reports.
- Ensuring test logs are completed and all measurement data is accurately recorded, stored, and filed using the systems implemented within EVT.
- Working to national and international standards.
- Attend TRR’s, TRB’s, NRB’s and / or any other relevant internal meetings, as TVAC representative.
- Participate in the development of the EVT test facility, suggesting new ideas to improve efficiency and technical competence.
- Any other duties deemed appropriate by the EVT manager.
Skills and Experience
- Experience working in environmental testing.
- Thermal testing experience (desirable).
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Ellie Laflain at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation is a specialist aviation and aerospace recruitment company that has been operating all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies and pride ourselves with working to the highest standard of service supported by an ingrained culture of honesty and integrity.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
Industrial Maintenance Technician
B2 Licensed Engineers
T400 Stress Approver
Industrial Process Engineer
Antenna Design Engineer
Product Assurance Engineer
Manufacturing Engineer / Assembly & Integration
Test Equipment Design Engineer