Maintenance and Engineering
Share this job
Line Up Aviation is a specialist aviation and aerospace recruitment company that has been operating worldwide for more than 35 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies who demand the highest standard of service. On behalf of our London based client, a global engine support company, we are currently recruiting a Tooling Officer.
You should be an experienced Tooling professional with a minimum of 3 years hands on experience gained within an aviation engineering environment.
To be successful in your application you will need to hold UK working rights at the time of application.
Job Title: Tooling Officer
Location: Hounslow, LHR
Contract Type: Permanent, Fulltime- Mon -Fri
Scope of Role
This is a fabulous opportunity to join a world-renowned company specialising in aircraft engine maintenance. This opportunity will require the successful candidate to be responsible for building and maintaining good customer relationships together with administration of customer accounts/ensuring that customer contract commitments and service levels are met.
- Manage, coordinate, and optimize tooling loan return, delivery, and dispatch operations amongst the various on-site and off-site facilities.
- Manage tool inventory to maintain serviceability, maintenance, inspection, calibration, repair, upgrades, and modification.
- Physical tool packaging and movement to manage the Delivery, Dispatch and Shipping operations for tooling.
- Manage and coordinate onsite operational vehicles such as forklifts, tugs etc for repair and scheduled servicing.
- Ability or willingness to undertake training for forklift operations from 3 tonne (B1) to 25 tonne (B3), tug driving of engines or tooling around the facility.
- Control of Quarantine Bond in line with company and regulatory requirements.
- Facility housekeeping and monitoring workshop environment.
- Develop and implement processes and procedures to assure compliance to regulatory requirements, and company / customer procedures.
- Execute processes and procedures to assure compliance to quality and safety standard of the workplace.
- Assure proper capture and billing of Logistics and Shipping cost to customer per contractual requirements.
- Produce reports as and when requested from Stores & Logistics Lead.
- Drive cross sections and cross departments process improvement projects.
- Motivate and encourage teamwork within the workforce to ensure productivity targets are met or exceeded.
Technical Experience Required
- Worked in an engine or aircraft maintenance organisation in an engineering role
- Worked in an engine or aircraft maintenance organisation in Stores & Logistics/
* Recognized diploma in Engineering/ Logistics or related disciplines. A diploma in other disciplines but with equivalent related work experience may be considered.
* Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Engineering/ store and logistics role
* Knowledge of or experience in aviation industry / Engine Maintenance Organization is preferable
* Computer and MS office capable to a high level
* Excellent command of English language both written and spoken, ability to communicate in Chinese, Dutch, Spanish an advantage
* Knowledge, or willingness and ability to learn, of the Global Engine Support business ranging from the internal capabilities to the larger external market
* Ability to manage internal customers and external vendors
* Familiarisation with Envision and AMOS for tooling inventory control is preferable.
* Possess folk lifting, tug driving, and crane operation approvals/experience is preferable
To apply please send your latest CV for evaluation.
This is a UK based opportunity, to be successful in your application you must already have the rights to live and work in the UK, sponsorship is not available.
Due to the number of applications that we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Apply for this role
B1 Licensed Engineer – Manchester
B1 Licensed Engineer – A380
Electrical Calibration Operator
MRO Regional Manager – A&P Licensed
Maintenance Manager – A&P Licensed
Aerospace Senior Mechanical Design Engineer